NFL 2020

Lineker

and now Mahomes converted on 3rd and 20 by running..

That was one hell of a game

NFL rumors: League to examine MetLife turf after 49ers' injuries, complaints

The 49ers have a right to be concerned. In an odd scheduling quirk, they have to play at MetLife Stadium again next Sunday, taking on the New York Giants, the other tenant of the building.

Not trying to be hyperbolic but Matt Patricia's defensive  scheme might be the worst I have ever seen in Detroit. Nothing about it makes sense. His failure to adapt to our lack of a pass rush is ridiculous. If your shitty four man rush isn't getting pressure you need to blitz. The secondary is already getting torched so you may as well try to make the QB uncomfortable if they're going to pick you apart anyway  

Thats all I got. I can't see better then 2-14 this year. This is a bad team with bad coaching.

8 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Not trying to be hyperbolic but Matt Patricia's defensive  scheme might be the worst I have ever seen in Detroit. Nothing about it makes sense. His failure to adapt to our lack of a pass rush is ridiculous. If your shitty four man rush isn't getting pressure you need to blitz. The secondary is already getting torched so you may as well try to make the QB uncomfortable if they're going to pick you apart anyway  

Thats all I got. I can't see better then 2-14 this year. This is a bad team with bad coaching.

Yeah but like Jim Caldwell only won 9 games too! (I mean, in one year, but whatever)

They need to jettison Quinn & Patricia, let Bevell run the team for the rest of the year, hire a new (good) GM ASAP and let them an impression of the team for the rest of the season, and then let them hire their own coach and make whatever moves are necessary in the offseason.

Where by all accounts Romeo Crennel was/is a really popular asst coach and Brian Flores was an elite position coach, Patricia was just the guy who was there employing Belichick's ideas. Not that Crennel did great as a HC but he also got saddled with the Browns and then KC after Pioli destroyed the franchise, not great situations. Patricia walked into a very good team and destroyed them.

Also CMAC is out multiple weeks. That's the top two fantasy picks in almost every league gone for weeks to the whole season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Lint said:

Its been unusually dry in the Northeast this year, so it seems weird for the field to just give out the way it has been.

Also, the Patriots are at Sofi against the Rams and Chargers b2b.  The second game is on Thursday night at least, not sure why SF-NYG didn't get that slot considering the New York b2b.

Another schedule gripe: Pats at Seattle, then back home against Vegas, then at KC.  I rather flip those last two for less travel.

The torn ACL also has enormous financial implications for Barkley as the Zeke/CMC/Cook/Kamara deals all but assured he’d be getting his huge contract next offseason ahead of Year 4.

There’s just no way that’s happening now.  He’ll go into Year 4 and he’ll be playing for a new deal before that fifth year option kicks in.

1 hour ago, VerbalPuke said:

I'll have you know his defense once made the greatest stop in Super Bowl history which means that all of his defenses are great forever and he can't be criticized.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

I'll have you know his defense once made the greatest stop in Super Bowl history which means that all of his defenses are great forever and he can't be criticized.

Good point. Lucky for him he'd never be dumb enough to hire the guy that decided not to run on that super bowl play with a dominant power runner that looked unstoppable. 

Oh...wait.

For real though, that comment was baffling but also shows you what a twat Patricia. Same guy who told a Detroit sports writer to stop slouching at a press conference, as if this sloppy prick is any kind of authority on decorum. 

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

It would be very typical of the Cardinals to win the first two weeks then lose badly to the out-of-sorts Lions. So there's a bit of hope yet @VerbalPuke.

I don't think we've won in Arizona since 93/94? Doubt it happens tgis year. Who knows though, I don't want us to win.