NFL 2020

Lineker

The biggest issue with the Love pick is that they traded up to get him. And then it was compounded by weird decisions in the draft afterwards. 

That team overachieved last year and weren't nearly as good as their 13-3 record indicated but they didn't really seem to get better for 2020 and arguably not better for 2022+ either. 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, livid said:

The biggest issue with the Love pick is that they traded up to get him. And then it was compounded by weird decisions in the draft afterwards. 

That team overachieved last year and weren't nearly as good as their 13-3 record indicated but they didn't really seem to get better for 2020 and arguably not better for 2022+ either. 

That's the biggest thing. Whereas SF, Baltimore, and KC were all really strong teams the Packers seemed to coast on an easy schedule and a bad division. But the opportunity was there to build on that team and they seemed to go in the opposite direction.

Just odd decision making. Competitive teams never go "oh 2022 yeah let's start planning for that".

Rodgers basically acknowledged that he wanted to finish his career in Green Bay but now it might not be possible after the Love pick.  They have a reasonable out in his contract after two seasons and it sure seems like LaFleur's gotten the buy-in from ownership to move on from him.  Bizarre decision making.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Nelson is amazing but offensive linemen are the new trendy "are they worth the high pick and big contracts" position now that we got it all out of our system with RBs. It's funny how it works out. Basically the only position that really justifies its cost is QB, everything else is a reach pick and an overpayment analytically.

Funny sport.

Pass rushers and lockdown corners are still worth it, and probably left tackles, but, yeah, QB really trumps everything in the current NFL.

With Mixon getting his contract today and Cook and Kamara both still waiting I'm not surprised the Saints are looking at trading Kamara. He declined in every metric last year as the every down back after they let Ingram walk. I don't think there's a huge market and if he doesn't get an extension at his destination I don't think he'd play there either.

Interesting thing is that the Bengals rushed to get the Mixon deal done before Cook or Kamara would reset the market as they say. And now I wonder if the Saints don't even want to pay Kamara.

On 31/08/2020 at 18:37, VerbalPuke said:

I was cool with the Love pick.

I didn't love it but I don't hate it either.

23 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

With Mixon getting his contract today and Cook and Kamara both still waiting I'm not surprised the Saints are looking at trading Kamara. He declined in every metric last year as the every down back after they let Ingram walk. I don't think there's a huge market and if he doesn't get an extension at his destination I don't think he'd play there either.

Interesting thing is that the Bengals rushed to get the Mixon deal done before Cook or Kamara would reset the market as they say. And now I wonder if the Saints don't even want to pay Kamara.

To be fair, Kamara was playing on a torn MCL last year.

But yeah, once the Saints saw the Mixon contract they had a base but Kamara wants more of a CMC-type deal. Which, when healthy, is understandable, but given how many issues the Saints will have with the cap soon, I am not surprised they are looking to see if they can get value in return and go cheaper at the position. 

God I love Big Red

• Like 6