Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

Eh, whatever. We were always gonna get a couple of these, just hate that it's happened against these cunts. On we go.

I'd still rather this than stick 11 behind the ball and hope for a nil nil. And I'd certainly rather than this than having to face Wigan and Millwall.

35 minutes ago, MadJack said:

I normally enjoy that I don't have to listen to Jim Beglin, but it seems like I'm missing some good ones:

The sports media absolutely love Leeds, always have as long as I've been a fan. But that is really taking the piss.

I asked a friend of mine and thought I’d ask in here, should Arsenal move on from Arteta now?

Is it prudent to appoint a good interim manager for the season (the kind of Ancelotti/Hiddink model) to steady the ship, get a cup run with the long term successor ready come the day the season ends or should they stick out with Arteta for the season and see how it goes?

It wouldn't matter if Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger or even Ferguson took over right now, our problems lie far deeper than just the manager. Is Arteta the right man for the job in the long run? I dont honestly know but the way things are right now the rot isn't going to stop with a 'new manager bounce'.

Artera has shown he has the nous to get results against the likes of City, Liverpool and Chelsea, the FA Cup win wasn't a fluke but for one reason or another everythings going to shit at the one time.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Merry Kaneymas said:

It wouldn't matter if Klopp, Guardiola, Wenger or even Ferguson took over right now, our problems lie far deeper than just the manager. Is Arteta the right man for the job in the long run? I dont honestly know but the way things are right now the rot isn't going to stop with a 'new manager bounce'.

Artera has shown he has the nous to get results against the likes of City, Liverpool and Chelsea, the FA Cup win wasn't a fluke but for one reason or another everythings going to shit at the one time.

Someone suggested in a chat he lost the locker room, with player power being such a thing, that doesn’t just come back.

I understand there’s top down changes they need to make, a lot of clubs seem reluctant to make changes between the boardroom and the coaching staff, which is where Arsenal’s problems seem to start, but it’s part of a larger overhaul isn’t it?

I dunno, I just find it quite interesting as neither Arteta, nor the club or the players should be in the position they’re in, and most don’t deserve it.

6 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

I asked a friend of mine and thought I’d ask in here, should Arsenal move on from Arteta now?

Is it prudent to appoint a good interim manager for the season (the kind of Ancelotti/Hiddink model) to steady the ship, get a cup run with the long term successor ready come the day the season ends or should they stick out with Arteta for the season and see how it goes?

No. We shouldn’t. He’s a long-term appointment, I say stick with him.

The biggest issue we face is overhauling the squad, we still have far too many players that simply aren’t up to task that will let you down again and again. I’m looking at Luiz, Mustafi, Kolasinac, Xhaka et al. 

There’s only a handful of players that I think have the right mentality to help us improve, but it’s not enough. Tierney, Gabriel, Partey, Aubameyang are the four players we need to be building around. Still too much deadwood around them but we do have a lot of young players coming through that I think need to be given more chances - Maitland-Niles, Saliba, Willock, Smith-Rowe, Nelson, Balogun and Martinelli to name just a few. 

Whilst Arteta isn’t completely blame-free, I still think that there’s too many players in the squad that are in their comfort zone and that’s been a problem for years, it doesn’t help when our recruitment focuses on 32-year olds that are after one last payday either. 

Not being funny but I honestly think David Luiz is a huge issue in the dressing room as well. By all accounts, he is the player leaking things out to the press and it’s not exactly hard to think otherwise when he has previous. Never should have signed him, too much of a liability on the pitch to boot.

I would actually do the opposite of the typical FM move there and keep Aubameyang for as long as possible. He's a proven goalscorer and can hopefully maintain a sense of continuity as the rest of the team is rebuilt; Jamie Vardy has shown that a veteran striker can still deliver in the Premier League and Arsenal don't want to go the Chelsea route of bringing in a young/peak star striker for silly money, just for them to underperform and find themselves stuck in this rut.

• Like 1