Premier League 2020/21

METALMAN

1 hour ago, ADG said:

That's why I went with "fanny" instead of "prick", "bastard" etc.

I’m quite tempted to go down to Stranraer in order to conduct some experiments on this. Personally I think someone from Stranraer would call you a diddy or maybe a dafty if it’s someone particularly fierce.

2 hours ago, Tigerstyle said:

It’s 2020, being an internet cool dude isn’t a thing anymore 🤷‍♀️

kettle, pot, really dark colours

Klopp is doing what Fergie and Mourinho and a whole host of other managers have done before him, making the conversation focused on something so it doesn't focus on something he REALLY doesn't want it focused on.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Richmas is CANCELLED said:

Klopp is doing what Fergie and Mourinho and a whole host of other managers have done before him, making the conversation focused on something so it doesn't focus on something he REALLY doesn't want it focused on.

That shitty Erdinger advert? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Richmas is CANCELLED said:

Yeah this is why I don't spend the energy getting bothered by a manager making themselves and their comments the focal point. It's not like it's done on accident. Players get to show up, practice, play, and do their things while the manager deals with the media. For Klopp that way someone like Firmino who hasn't looked as great as people are used to doesn't have conversation around that constantly in the media. It's tactical but people keep falling for it so clearly it's smart.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MadJack said:

Except Eddie Howe isn't actually going to be any more successful than the likes of Hughes, Bruce, Allardyce etc have been. He was bankrolled up the league by a billionaire in his first spell, and in his second spell he finished in the top half just once and had a net outlay of £150 million across 5 seasons. Why risk an Eddie Howe who got his team relegated?

And for every 'forward thinking European manager' like Ralph Hasenhuttl, there's a Marco Silva, a Leonid Slutsky, a Claude Puel, a Frank de Boer who only damage the club that have taken a chance on them, especially the likes of Silva and Slutsky - the modern, PR heavy manager whose careers are being stage-managed by powerful agents.

I'll agree with you on the likes of Steve Cooper though, as I said, clubs are still going to go back to that well because going to that well is what well.

He's not wrong though.

I accept your points, not sure I agree with the view as personally, I could make a reasonable list of 10-12 managers at least that I'd go for as a Premier League relegation battler before I go to the well of Allardyce, Hughes and Pardew. But that's fine.  The proof will be in which side of the line West Brom finish in May.

• Like 1

"We need more subs so we can rotate players to stop them injured, not for tactical reasons"

"Well of course we're not going to make any subs if there isn't a tactical benefit"

And 16% is an average of less than 2 players per game. That's absolutely fuck all when you've got a 20+ man squad of international players. 

• Like 3