NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

2 hours ago, DYSI said:

We weren't title contenders prior to that trade, and at that time, we were barely contenders after that deal. 

Harden is still in his prime, where as KG and Pierce were about 2 seasons away from retiring. Either way the swaps and all that did give me flashbacks.. 

But that 30-point triple double debut was a thing of beauty. >_>

You’re right, not the same. 

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

With the way the other east teams are playing, Brooklyn will probably make the Finals. But are they good enough to beat the Lakers? Nope.

I honestly don't think they'll even get to the finals, to be honest.

Celtics are battling for #1 in the conference, and until yesterday they hadn't been able to call upon Kemba Walker.
Meanwhile the Bucks have Giannis, and Khris Middleton is having an obscenely efficient start to his season with a .620EFG thus far.

I think either of those teams have the chops to go head to head with the Nets and come out on top through teamwork.

If Kemba can come back to 100% of his former self and they all play up to their talents, they could beat Brooklyn. But can Tatum guard KD? Might be better to put Tatum on Harden, try to use his length to stop him. And if you do that, who stays with KD? Tacko Fall?

The Bucks could potential do it, if they can learn to win in the playoffs. They have the bench and the length all around to out pace Brooklyn.

On 18/01/2021 at 13:04, LL. said:

It took just one game for Stephen A. Smith to crown the Nets kings of the East. 

Stephen A. is generally an idiot when it comes to other sports, but he's pretty knowledgable when it comes to Basketball. They may not win the East, but unless there's an implosion or injuries, they should be serious contenders.

Nets are really not going to hang in the playoffs because their defense is a total mess and probably won't improve enough given the players they have to give the bulk of minutes to.

Like they'll win a 7 game series against most teams but the top of the conference are going to have good enough offenses where they won't.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/02/2021 at 23:10, Maxx said:

...so Mavs still won that trade?

As a Mavs fan this somehow still hurts even though we won it handedly.

I loved DSJ, but dude has fallen off hard. I'm still holding out hope that he'll figure things out rather than doing a 40" leap out of the league.

Yep, I still have that same attachment to him.  I think it’s because he was the first top 10 pick we had in ages, and Dirk was winding down so we were looking towards a future star, hoping he might be it.

And then we ended up with Luka who is exactly that.  Still, always hoping DSJ does well.  He’s still so young, hopefully he can get some solid minutes in Detroit and turn things around.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Yep, I still have that same attachment to him.  I think it’s because he was the first top 10 pick we had in ages, and Dirk was winding down so we were looking towards a future star, hoping he might be it.

And then we ended up with Luka who is exactly that.  Still, always hoping DSJ does well.  He’s still so young, hopefully he can get some solid minutes in Detroit and turn things around.

I always felt in his 1.5 year with the Mavericks that there was nothing wrong with his ability to score, it was just that he had the Westbrook issues of needing an extremely high volume to get into a groove and his efficiency was quite awful.

But that's to be expected from a teenager, and in his second year he was becoming more efficient when he had Doncic next to him to get more looks than just action on the iso and pick and roll.

I hope Casey, being a product of Carlisle's caroussel, he'll be given the chance to get more playing time and also learns to become a more efficient scorer, because I definitely feel that when he figures things out there's no reason he can't become a very useful piece for most teams.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2021 at 03:08, Maxx said:

I'm hoping so also, obviously. I know this year is going to be rough but I'd love to see development from young players and maybe have the makings of a good young core. He's only 23 so still plenty of time for him to develop into a consistently solid player.