NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

It was honestly nice to be able to attend a live event again. I got very emotional (especially with a great first half.) I was also quite amused with living through the typical tropes you find at live sports games. Like the 2 dudes next to me that clearly have many interests outside of basketball in common with each other trying to talk about basketball and landing on:

Friend 1: That Hardaway jersey with all the retired ones... That had to be Penny right?

Friend 2: Yeah you know that's a good question...

And then when we arrived to our row, someone was sitting there taking pictures and filming. He moved and sometime later found himself sitting in front of us. Clearly not his seat. This man was also tall, had very long white hair, and wore an AEW jacket. He proceeded to not only obnoxiously film most of the game with a camera right out of the early 00s (sometime he would stand and do it and people had to constantly yell at him to sit) but he also just started watching wrestling on YouTube and also watched what looked like Chris Jericho on a roller coaster?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Buschie Kay said:

Hawks just seem to be significantly more talented than the Knicks.  Oh well.

This is the problem with a Thibodeau team. He makes them look really good by playing 110% for the entire regular season. Then the playoffs come and everyone starts playing at the same level. And to add to that he's had his team playing so hard up until then the entire book is out on them, so it's easy to plan for them in a 7-game series.

Win or lose this series they'd get walloped in the semis, which will also happen to Atlanta.

• Like 1

I think Ainge did about as well as anyone can in Boston, a city that repels free agents like vibranium. But he absolutely needed to deliver on more of the assets be got when he fleeced the Nets 8 years ago. Tatum and Brown are really solid pieces to build around but that's basically all he got. He robbed the Sixers blind when his guys found something out about Fultz that the Sixers didn't have time to identify too, so that was a decent move. But overall he built a solid competitor with the Nets picks and nothing more.

This is to say nothing of his moves for Garnett and Allen. They were so long ago, but he did an incredible job there. And with it he kick-started a generation of players being overly paranoid of never winning a title with their current teams.

Interested to see how Stevens does in the FO. But it certainly appears this has been in the works for awhile so he might have a good level of inside knowledge already. Of course he'll look bad when he inevitably fails to sign Kawhi.

When asked if he was going to play in the Olympics this summer, Lebron said that he was going to take a month off to heal his ankle, then play for the Toon Squad this summer.

I thought the team he just played for was the Toon Squad?

Obviously, the MVP doesn't mean anything this year. Couldn't even give it to Jokic before one of his games. Announced it before announcing the DPOY or the ROK.. joke of an award.

All kidding aside, he was the clear favorite to win it once Embiid went down hurt. Can't stand the Nuggets, but there's no denying how great Jokic is and he deserves it.