NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

1 minute ago, VerbalPuke said:

I don't think so this time, well i guess it depends but we've got a nice little young core going and adding the #1 pick sure helps the rebuild. 

It was a joke but they did screw 2 or 3 decent picks (not in hindsight.. you could see they weren't great at the time).

I doubt it'll go wrong this time.

2 hours ago, Malenko said:

It was a joke but they did screw 2 or 3 decent picks (not in hindsight.. you could see they weren't great at the time).

I doubt it'll go wrong this time.

Oh they royally fucked up taking Stanley Johnson over Devin Booker and then Luke Kennard over Donovan Mitchell. Could have two studs and missed. BUT that was Stan Van Gundy and his god awful drafting, Weaver I think did a nice job in last years draft even if you could argue maybe at the time Tyrese Haliburton was a better pick over Killian Hayes (but kudos on (Isiah Stewart and Saddiq Bey). 

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Oh they royally fucked up taking Stanley Johnson over Devin Booker and then Luke Kennard over Donovan Mitchell. Could have two studs and missed. BUT that was Stan Van Gundy and his god awful drafting, Weaver I think did a nice job in last years draft even if you could argue maybe at the time Tyrese Haliburton was a better pick over Killian Hayes (but kudos on (Isiah Stewart and Saddiq Bey). 

At the same time...

Also, Milwaukee already looks more confident in this game than they did in all of the Nets series basically. 

16 minutes ago, damshow said:

To be fair a lot of teams missed on Booker and Mitchell. Nobody missed more on Mitchell than Denver who could have a core of him, Jokic, and Murray. 

Don't forget, they drafted Rudy Gobert as well 

38 minutes ago, Pooker said:

Don't forget, they drafted Rudy Gobert as well 

Well I think they're perfectly happy with Jokic instead of Gobert. Don't think there's a situation where they could both star on the same team.

And I think you could make Murray and Mitchell work if you turned Mitchell into more of a Klay Thompson type player. Basically splash bros with Jokic. It'd be intriguing.

Agreed on the lowlights. Glad the Suns won despite Chris Paul making every effort to not allow it by forcing a ton of shots he didn't need to take (and missing them all) in the last couple of minutes. 

And it's even worse for the Bucks because they played terrible last night (even when he was in) against a Hawks team without their top player. Series is now tied 2-2, and Trae Young will be back before the series is over, I believe. Bucks should've gone back to Milwaukee 3-1 up, and now you imagine the very realistically lose in 6.