NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

CP3 just has the worse luck. Hopefully he gets back in time for the Jazz to take him out.

Not gonna cry about Kawhi getting hurt. Never want to see somebody injured, but good for the Jazz and Derrick Favors.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

CP3 just has the worse luck.

Not really a matter of luck at this point.  This indicates he might not have gotten the vaccine, and if that’s the case he’s an idiot.  Leaving yourself vulnerable to a debilitating virus while your team is pushing for a championship is moronic.

If he is vaxxed, he’ll be back pretty quickly.  

Man, I've seen a lot of ACL injuries watching basketball and what he did did not look like one. Looked more like he hyper extended his knee, but he kept playing on it for a few minutes, didn't he?

Edit: of course, I'm talking if it torn. If it's just a strain, not as painful.

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Not really a matter of luck at this point.  This indicates he might not have gotten the vaccine, and if that’s the case he’s an idiot.  Leaving yourself vulnerable to a debilitating virus while your team is pushing for a championship is moronic.

If he is vaxxed, he’ll be back pretty quickly.  

Seen a few reports saying that Paul tested positive, despite getting the vaccine in February. Say what you want, he has bad luck in the playoffs.

Edited by Pooker

1 hour ago, damshow said:

Stan Van Gundy out as Pels coach, Scott Brooks out as Wizards coach (Yes!!), and Donnie Nelson out as Mavericks GM.

I get Brooks, the Pelicans did underperform, but Donnie Nelson is a bit of a surprise. Perhaps falling on the sword for the Porzingis contract.

He wants to be free so he can come home to the Bucks when they clean house after they lose to the Nets!

28 minutes ago, LL! said:

The Stan Van Gundy situation has to be more than just underperforming. One season is not a fair metric. 

I like him a lot as a person but I think he just may be done as a coach. Granted that roster is really weird beyond Zion and doesn't exactly fit but he didn't seem to really do anything positive for them other than going all in on Zion basically playing PG. 

Rick Carlisle quit the Mavs today, and Donnie Nelson got canned the other day.  Very weird time, those two have been at the head of the organization for almost 15 years.

Nelson was there for 26 years, Carlisle for 13. Reports are a power struggle happening in Dallas. Luka didn't like the coach or some guy Cuban hired a few years ago, but he liked Nelson. Very strange. 

There have been rumors that Carlisle would be interested in the Bucks job if it became open. And Nelson has ties via his dad so I wouldn't be surprised if both end up in Milwaukee if they clean house (which they probably will if they lose). 

I'm honestly a bit shocked right now. I've known no other head coach of this team but Rick Carlisle, and with both him and Donnie Nelson gone now, It's the first time in a long time that this ship is without captains and we're sailing blind into a new era.

I also can't easily think up replacements either. Carlisle brought us our only title, and even though the past 10 years have not been with succes, that's not something you can blame him for because the Mavs always were right up there even in years where the team roster wasn't anything to write home about.

But for Carlisle, all I can wish him is good fortune. I can't begrudge him leaving, 13 years is a heck of a long time that only two other coaches in recent times have matched (Spo and Pop). I'm proud of that, and I am certain Carlisle has the pick of the litter in terms of coaching jobs.

My personal idea, he might be bound for the Celtics. With Stevens as the new GM, they might want experience and someone who can make odd pieces fit on the court running things in the first years. And it would bring him back to the team where he enjoyed the biggest part of his playing career with.