NBA 2020-2021 Season

Chris2K

51 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

Saw Mitchell hobbling off earlier. That did not look good.

Hard to say what happened. Didn't see much on the replay, didn't even look like he landed on his ankle.

Hopefully he'll be ready for the next game. If our season ends with him getting hurt, it'll be the worse.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

Hard to say what happened. Didn't see much on the replay, didn't even look like he landed on his ankle.

Hopefully he'll be ready for the next game. If our season ends with him getting hurt, it'll be the worse.

It was a hell of a play by the Jazz too, until Favors went and goaltended that in 🤦‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Not sure Jokic deserved the flagrant 2 last night, but I didn't see the Nuggets getting anything out of the game anyway.

Technically the rule doesn't look at intent but rather the end result (his bicep smashing Payne across the jaw), which was excessive contact.

It's still a bit of a tricky thing to do and in slow motion it always looks worse than it does in real time. I don't think Jokic had any intent on clapping Payne, but it was definitely a clumsy and hard move all the same.

Kinda the cherry on the shit sundae for the Nuggets, really. But they pretty much surpassed expectations by taking out the Blazers, and the Suns were with a full complement not even Jokic could carry the team past.

2 hours ago, LL! said:

Suns vs Jazz is gonna be fun!

Don't get my hopes up. Gotta get past the Clippers first.

On Jokic, no way was that a flagrant 2. He was making a play on the ball, Payne was trying to get away, bad spot to be in for both players. And as close as that game was in the 4th, having Jokic out there could have made a difference. Maybe.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Don't get my hopes up. Gotta get past the Clippers first.

If Jazz pull it out today, the series is theirs. I'm not sure Clippers are going to be able to bounce back in a significant way. 

He also said that he's in pain, but that is to be expected. Missing Conley again will hurt, but we've already won two without him so there is no reason why we can't win two more without him. Hopefully our bench can hit some shots tonight and Bogey, Clarkson, and Ingles rain down some 3s and we should have it. 

9 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Giannis Antentokounmpo, bad at free throws 😡

Yeah...at this point I couldn't care less if he gets better at hitting 3s, I just want him to hit some damn free throws. 

What a collapse. The only solace is that it took a signature game from Durant for the Nets to win but giving up that lead is inexcusable. I think it goes 7 but I am not very confident that the Bucks can win in Brooklyn.