2021-2022 NBA season

Pooker

Ben Simmons for James Harden trade talks have been reported on all week and I just can't wrap my head around having both the likes of Kyrie and Simmons on the same team. Kyrie was fine because he brought us KD, but Simmons is a whole other level with how much he's in his own head even.

I would support a fleecing of the 76ers purely because Harden doesn't seem fully committed and I'd rather have a headcase that wants to win than someone purposely trying to find another easy chip. But if it's just Simmons + cap for Harden then that's a major downgrade talent wise.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Seems like he's a really nice dude who understands what the league is about.

What I don't understand is how Tomas Satoransky is considered worth trading for, and I'm assuming that both the Pels and Blazers just wanted rid of him.

Yea, Joe is a really great guy off the court, does a lot for the community, especially with helping the autistic community in Utah. We all pretty much knew he was going to be traded just for his contract. 

From the sounds of it, Portland is OK with Ingles staying in Utah, so he can be around his doctors and trainers to get his surgery and rehab done here. And, rumors of a handshake deal between him and the Jazz to bring him back over the summer.

1 hour ago, DYSI said:

Ben Simmons for James Harden trade talks have been reported on all week and I just can't wrap my head around having both the likes of Kyrie and Simmons on the same team. Kyrie was fine because he brought us KD, but Simmons is a whole other level with how much he's in his own head even.

I would support a fleecing of the 76ers purely because Harden doesn't seem fully committed and I'd rather have a headcase that wants to win than someone purposely trying to find another easy chip. But if it's just Simmons + cap for Harden then that's a major downgrade talent wise.

The deal doesn't work for both teams which is exactly why it will happen.

Bagley had so much potential, now he's being used as part of a four-team trade and heading to the Pistons, and I assume obscurity.

Nothing new on Harden it seems, other than he seems to be the only person to "publicly" state he's annoyed at Kyrie's behaviour (in terms of saying it to people, not the media) and very much wants to go to Philly. The most recent suggestion is Harden, Patty Mills, and Bruce Brown for Simmons, Seth Curry (Doc's son-in-law), Matisse Thybulle, and Andre Drummond. Harden also isn't scheduled to play for the Nets tonight against the Wizards.

This trade from Philly's perspective is literally Seth Curry for James Harden. Drummond isn't so good that you can't find a like replacement. Ben Simmons is destroyed mentally and was never playing for the Sixers again. So for the current as well as future squads it basically comes down to them taking Seth Curry and turning him into James Harden.

Morey steals Harden from a team for the 2nd time.

Joel Embiid is 👑

Mavs trading Porzingis to the Wizards for Spencer Dinwiddie

I knew whatever move resulted in shedding Zinger’s contract wouldn’t be good but bleh.

Well that was a fun 16 games and two playoffs series for the "Big Three".

Kyrie being Kyrie and not getting vaxxed pushed Harden to this because he wanted to coast for an easy ring so now he'll strap onto Embiid and go along for the ride.

It should be interesteing to see how Simmons works well on the court with KD and Kyrie, he pushes up the floor rather than slacks behind like Harden so we should have a lot more fastbreaks which was lacking. Curry is a great piece to go alongside Mills and Joe Harris but I was really hoping we'd get one of their youngsters. 

Overall meh trade deadline.