2021-2022 NBA season

Pooker

It's just comical - they are first in the division without him and the latest report or something is that he is hurt that Doc Rivers didn't come visit him at home despite him reportedly not ever returning doc's calls or texts. And he's been fined like...19 million dollars...because he doesn't want to play.

He's melting his own trade value away, day-by-day

The 76ers were all geared up and ready to promote a "Metaverse" app that doesn't exist

According to a partnership proposal document prepared by the Sixers and recently obtained by Defector, the Sixers were ready to “encourage 76ers fans to download and engage with” Color Star’s Color World app in a variety of ways. As outlined in the document, Color Star was to receive unspecified IP rights, regular spots on the Sixers’ flagship radio station, a couple “premium suite experiences” per year, in-arena signage at every home game during the regular season, status as the presenting sponsor of the team’s birthday posts on social media, and possible access to Sixers legends Julius Erving and Allen Iverson, who would each film an exclusive “twenty minute, deep-dive interview on all things life, culture, and basketball” meant to promote Color World app downloads. The deal would have spanned the second half of this regular season and the next two seasons.

They apparently launched something on Friday morning, but after trying to create an account/avatar, users were just redirected back to an autoplaying promo video. 

It also seems more and more like Color Star's president might not be a real person.

• Haha 1

Simmons has got engaged to Maya Jama in the last month, so he's definitely got some intelligence somewhere. 

What baffles me is that he hasn't really done anything in the last few years, particularly in the last series he played, to make him a huge trade commodity, and this season's antics must be driving teams away even further.

I just think it means Lillard likely isn't coming back this year. So might as well tank while he's out and get a high pick to either use to add another young piece or package it for a star in the offseason. 

I don't think a star will be enough to keep Lillard IMO. Dude has to be tired of wasting his prime years. I think he wants to a team that's ready to win and I don't think another star is what the Blazers need at this point. 

I think we'd hear a lot more heat about rumors of Dame being traded if he actually wanted out right now. I think he, at the very least, will see what they can do in the offseason. They have too much flexibility now for him to say it's pointless staying. 

Also, lol Kings

3 minutes ago, damshow said:

I guess Harrison Barnes won't be too far away from being out the door.

Rumors in Utah that he's a trade target for us. I would be OK with it. Can't believe the Kings gave up Hailburton.

Hi kids, do you love head scratching trades?  GREAT NEWS

That cannot be the best offer the Blazers could get for McCollum.  As for the Kings...at least they got a good player back in return, but why the hell are they giving up on Haliburton, one of the few draft picks they've actually hit on?

I *think* Sacramento has some pressure to get in to the play-in games. 2 games out right now and they probably only need 35 wins on the year to steal the 9 or 10 spot. Ends their playoff drought, while sabotaging any hopes they had of making playoffs long-term.

Just a joke of an organization.