NFL 2023

Lineker

Can we get 4chan, Reddit and Twitter to show up and make it racist?

• Confused 1

Chiefs have a big bag of really dumb trick plays apparently. 

Jaymir Gibbs is fun to watch, he’s going to have some highlight reel runs this season for sure.

Giants fans will be delighted to see Kadarius Toney has returned to form.

I love how quickly the game is moving along, especially compared to the absolute slog that commercial breaks turned college football into.

@VerbalPuke get in here, the Lions have something to celebrate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That was the grit Dan Campbell referred to.

Not a pretty win, but you go in and beat the defending Super Bowl Champs at home week 1? That's nice, that's good shit pal.

I will say that I didn't love Ben Johnsons play calling in certain situations and felt Gibbs needed more touches but whatever. Montgomery played as advertised, he'll be a fan favorite real quick.

4 and 2 at your own 15? Yeah fuck it, fake punt. I love this aggressive play calling, such a contrast to the previous few regimes. 

Hutch looked amazing, no sacks but he was constantly in the backfield. Also find it funny his dad calls him "Hutch".

Just want to remind everyone that we gave up a 5th rounder to the Packers to get Brian Branch. Lol.

Now I can enjoy my Sunday this week.

I didn't sleep much last night.

• Like 4

On 19/08/2023 at 10:58, Busch Wyatt said:

What I saw on that drive jives with pretty much everything I’ve read about the camp scrimmages:  Darren Waller will very clearly be Jones’ favorite target when he’s out there.  Here’s hoping he stays healthy.

Shock of shocks!  Waller suddenly added to the injury report and listed as questionable with a hamstring injury, after saying all camp it was the best he'd felt in years.  Same injury he's dealt with the last couple of years and it's wholly unsurprising a player on the wrong side of 30 would have hamstring injuries crop up again.

I do hope that they just decided to limit Waller and play it safe with him and that listing him as questionable is gamesmanship by Daboll.  With Waller's history of hammy injuries, he could conceivably be listed as questionable every week and a coach could get away with injury report manipulation.

But yeah, that's not something I wanted to hear on a Friday.  If he doesn't play the Giants are right back to having an iffy assortment of weapons and I think they'd have a really tough time hanging with Dallas.