NFL 2023

Lineker

Not that I'd expect anything less from a team subreddit page but I do have to laugh at Giants fans going for the whole "THE MEDIA IS DISRESPECTING US!  SUCH BULLSHIT!" because pretty much every talking head has pegged the Giants as the most likely 2022 playoff team to come back down to earth.

Umm...duh?  The Giants had a remarkable record in one-score games last year, a great turnover ratio including a lot of luck on fumble recovery, they stayed relatively healthy, and their schedule this year is far harder.  For all these reasons the metrics overwhelmingly suggest they're gonna drop some more games than they did a year ago.

I don't think anyone would argue they don't seem to have the right guys in charge or that the roster doesn't look considerably better on paper than a year ago.  This clearly seems to be the most talented roster they've had on paper in a decade and that's reason enough for excitement.  But I think the surprise playoff berth has made a lot of the fanbase forget that the organization at its core is still rebuilding and not at the level of the big boys yet.

You have to admit it's going to be hilarious up there when, after this catastrophic baseball season, both the Giants and Jets don't live up to their monumental self-hype.

Also I think the fact the Giants didn't load up on horrid contracts and try to win it all this year is a testament to the new braintrust there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A day late to the Trey Lance news, but I saw it coming. I never liked the pick in the first place, although I have grown to like him and root for him in the last couple years. But, he's been outplayed and injured too much. Looking at what we gave up for the trade and who was picked after, it just looks so bad.

I hope Lance can find a place in this league but it won't be in San Fran.

41 minutes ago, damhausen said:

For a 4th rounder that's a great pickup.

Your dynasty glory may actually be happening sooner than you originally thought if Dak can't keep his interception problems in check. 

• Like 1

There’s a scenario that exists where Lance eventually gets playing time in Dallas and thrives while Purdy turns into a Mr. Irrelevant pumpkin.

I wouldn’t say it’s a likely scenario but it’s there.  Plenty of GMs would’ve balked at dealing such a big investment for that reason alone.  Be fascinating to see how it shakes out.

• Like 1