Official 2012/13 Premier League thread

Lineker

Man Utd team v Aston Villa: De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Jones, Evra, Valencia, Rooney, Giggs, Carrick, Van Persie, Kagawa.

I've given up on the Giggs complaints, no point anymore as SAF has it in his head that he works in the center of the midfield, despite the fact that we all know it hinders our performances. Cleverley left out yet again.

Outside of that (Valencia is a same case as Giggs too), very nice. Expected Kagawa in there after Fergie's comments in midweek about the mistake he made taking him off against West Ham, hopefully has a stormer here.

Going back to the earlier discussion, unfortunately if you're picking strictly one or the other, Wigan can't not choose avoiding relegation. Which is a sad reflection on the modern game, finishing in 17th is more important than winning a trophy :/

I'm actually glad Valencia is playing - got his goal last week and seemed to gain confidence instantly from that. He needs some good performances to close out the season.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit for Rooney to play brilliantly and earn MOTM tonight, either.

Meh. Don't really see Brendan's job at risk even if Liverpool hover around the 7th mark for another season or two. And hey, if they do get rid of him, you can have Rafa back since he so evidently wants the job.

Pretty much.

Seventh is an improvement on last season, a small one, but an improvement.

Rodgers had no remit to to do anything other than finish as high as he can from what I see. The cups were practically unimportant.

Hopefully, we finish seventh or sixth. I don't see West Brom overtaking us at the moment.

Then the summer is about fixing the defence up, giving Lucas a proper pre-season, possibly selling Skrtel, and probably Suarez's anger management classes.

And possibly Kenny Dalglish will come back to his ambassadorial role because the club have reaches out to him in the last week or so apparently.

And yay, Gomez, just what we need - more inconsistency!

Inconsistent? He's got 95 goals in the last three seasons.

Yes, but can he score on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke?

A soccer game just came on ESPN. Its Manchester United vs. Aston Villa. Is it worth trying to watch?

Well, United might win the league tonight. So maybe, if you like that kind of thing.

20 titles is greedy though. I mean, Liverpool had the decency to stop at 18. :shifty:

A soccer game just came on ESPN. Its Manchester United vs. Aston Villa. Is it worth trying to watch?

If Man Utd win, they become champions. Also, alot of people on here support Villa.

Plus, it will teach you how we tackle over here. :shifty:

Someone was telling me on Saturday that Man Utd catch Liverpool's total trophy haul when they win the league this year, looking at their respective honours lists though, I can't see any way in which this is true.

Edit: Never mind, they probably were only counting European cups and league titles, which is dumb.

Villa need to keep the score down, goal difference could play a big part at the end of the season.

Bwahaha, Giggs speeding past the Villa full-back. Rafael hits the post, this could get silly.

Do that many Villa fans exist on EWB? Because if they do get relegated one wonders how busy the Football League thread is going to get as a result. :shifty: