NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

The civil lawsuit between Baylor and the Clippers where Sterling was accused of being a plantation style owner was 2009, that's a shit ton of growing to manage in 4 years.

Perhaps, but saying Rivers is just doing this now for PR and that he didn't care before is silly. What if he met with Sterling, as well as others, and felt fully confident that the civil lawsuit woke Sterling up to his own flaws? Unless Doc Rivers outlines everything, and by no means is it at all necessary for him to do so, then it's not really our place to speculate why he wanted the job in the first place.

It's unfortunate but that's just the way it is. You're not going to "rock the boat" when you know you don't have the numbers to back you up but you sure as hell will when everybody agrees with you and you can help boot that guy out.

We're also a lot more conscious of shit like this in 2014 than we ever have been.

Actually I take back what I said. I'd always been under the impression that it was Rivers that forced his trade to the Clippers, but from reading articles at the time it seems like he was going to see out his contract, then spend a year in the media before coaching somewhere else (since he didn't want to go through a re-build), Boston preferred to do the right thing and let him go straight away and got something for him in return.

So if he had no part in negotiating the move to the Clippers then everything seems to tie together much neater. I would never agree to work for a known homophobe, but if I was moved to an area run by one then that's a different thing if you're already under contract.

Ugh. Jesus. Paul George injured his leg during Team USA scrimmage today. Only caught a 7 second Vine initially, but he was getting dunked on and his leg twisted when he landed and it looked gruesome.

Video for anybody who actually wants to watch:

At least he signed a max deal so he'll be financially okay, but what terrible luck for a guy on the cusp of breaking out. On another note, the Pacers are going to be fucking terrible without him and Lance.

Now it's really gonna' be a race between Cleveland and Chicago.

I think Miami will still be good too.

IT'S CHRIS BOSH'S TIME TO SHINE.

That was hard to type with a straight face.

• Like 2