NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

He was great for the Orioles when he was healthy, would always get lots of steals.

• Like 4

I like the signings for Detroit. I always liked Butler, he is older but the team needed a veteran presence like him. I don't know much about Augustin but his numbers were solid but he should shore up the PG spot because Bynum is just a hero baller and Jennings is a talent but has his head up his ass. SVG has probably improved the shooting on this team which was desperately needed. I have to think a trade is next because we have 17 guys on the roster, though Harellson is probably gone leaving 16. We could still use a quality big man off the bench unless they plan on keeping Smith and using him as a sixth man.

There is also the issue of what to do with Monroe, max him now, sign and trade, or he walks next season.

• Like 1

I'm quietly liking the moves that Washington is making this offseason... Aside from picking up Pierce, they've just managed to do a sign and trade with Boston to get Kris Humphries on a relatively cheap 3yr-$13.5 mill deal which they'll absorb into some of the trade exemption they just got in the Ariza to Houston deal (which I think was an overpay for Ariza anyway)

I am real happy with the Humphries add. Just the kind of pickup they needed.

Also, in really cool news. NBA jerseys will have a gold tab to denote that they've won a title. It'd be better if a team that had 5 titles, 10 titles, etc. got a second and third tab to denote their greater success but it's still a nice touch.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11219276/nba-jerseys-now-feature-gold-tabs-collars-indicate-teams-won-titles

20130718_jla_aw8_351.0_standard_709.0.jp

This happened last year tomorrow... Considering Pierce would've cost us $20 mil because of the luxury tax it makes sense that we let him bolt, but a full season of Brook and Pierce/KG would've been something that could've worked if this whole mess of an off-season didn't go down the way it did.

The annoying thing is that Rubio may well make Wiggins look like a star (and AB competent), so all the Cavs fans will get their knickers in a knot about how much better offensively he is than expected and how they got screwed.

Also I don't think any wolves fan expects Love to stick around. It is more the "lol Love isn't worth a Klay Thompson" makes us happy to let him walk after a year is up rather than trading him for scraps and being the brunt of jokes for the next 5 years. Because we're willing to play chicken it seems teams are beginning to realise that we won't accept just any offer for him.