NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I have no idea how to paste tweets, but here's Broussard regarding a Love deal:

Source: Cavs have told Wiggins he's not being traded. TWolves want Wiggins. Cavs will try 2 do it w/out losing Wiggins. Must find 3rd team

Is that the same source that told him LeBron was rethinking signing to Cleveland moments before he signed to Cleveland? :P

Oh Broussard sucks, but he's not the first to report this either. You don't give up your number one pick to a team with no leverage, especially when it's being reported that Golden State still won't even give them Klay Thompson.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24616334/report-warriors-still-wont-include-klay-thompson-in-kevin-love-deal

I would give up Wiggins for Kevin Love tbh.

Wiggins is unproven and despite being a massive talent, with Bron/Waiters/Irving they're not exactly looking for swingmen.

Kevin Love is a once in a generation Power Forward who averages double-double's like it's nobody's business.

Sure, Wiggins might become the next superstar SF, but that's still a gamble even with a #1 pick.

EDIT: Cavs should realise that a #1 pick isn't a guarantee for quick stardom, just look at Bennett's rookie year.

Edited by Jasonmufc

This is probably a moot point. But if Melo signed with Chicago, he'd be in the same division as LeBron & the Cavs. I think it will be hard to dethrone the Cavs as the top team in the division. Which Cleveland definitely should be, especially after getting LeBron back.

So, more reason for Melo to stay at MSG and trust the Zen Master.

Or you get Wiggins/Irving/James vs. Noah/Anthony/Rose throughout the season for two weeks until Rose gets hurt. Think of the matchups!

• Like 1

Melo's gonna be a Knick. And we are getting Pau. If this was 2007, we'd be bad ass.

I'm really scared about the Knicks trying to court Marc Gasol if he hits the market next offseason. I've read a few stories about how perfect a fit he would be for Phil's triangle, etc. You city slicker bastards better not steal our big man. :crying:

This is probably a moot point. But if Melo signed with Chicago, he'd be in the same division as LeBron & the Cavs. I think it will be hard to dethrone the Cavs as the top team in the division. Which Cleveland definitely should be, especially after getting LeBron back.

Or you get Wiggins/Irving/James vs. Noah/Anthony/Rose throughout the season for two weeks until Rose gets hurt. Think of the matchups!

You monster :(

• Like 1

I think it's safe to say that Derrick Rose has Greg Oden-esque knees.

Derrick Rose is quite possibly the biggest "What Could've Been" story I've seen in such a long time. I'd say it's a a shame, but naaaah.

Depends on what you consider "a long time" because Grant Hill is still #1 for me.

I would give up Wiggins for Kevin Love tbh.

Wiggins is unproven and despite being a massive talent, with Bron/Waiters/Irving they're not exactly looking for swingmen.

Kevin Love is a once in a generation Power Forward who averages double-double's like it's nobody's business.

Sure, Wiggins might become the next superstar SF, but that's still a gamble even with a #1 pick.

EDIT: Cavs should realise that a #1 pick isn't a guarantee for quick stardom, just look at Bennett's rookie year.

I would give up Wiggins for Love if that's what it took to get Love. But if they can give up less for Love of course they would try. Minnesota are not in a good bargaining situation, and unless they can drum up a bidding war, Cleveland has no incentive to offer fair value.

• Like 1

Minnesota will certainly have leverage over the Cavs if Melo signs with the Knicks or Lakers. At that point, the Bulls become the favorites to land Love because they struck out on everybody else and if you're Cleveland, you can't let him go to a divisional rival because you were reluctant to part with a guy who is nothing more than potential.

• Like 1

I like Kevin Love and he puts up a double-double nightly but holy shit it's an empty double-double. His rim protection is atrocious. He's easily the most overrated "superstar" in the league. He gives you stats but doesn't give you what you want from that position.

Don't the Cavs have Miami's 1st in the next draft per the LeBron signing back in 2010? I thought I read that somewhere. That suddenly has a lot more value with Miami now the 4th best team in the Southeast. They should try flipping that and Waiters for Love instead of Wiggins.

Also, Bulls are interested in bringing Wade home. Homecomings is the theme of this offseason. Looking forward to Melo returning to Baltimore.

There was this rumor back in like 2000 that Carmelo was going to transfer into the school my cousin played basketball at. I've never seen a single person so excited about a rumor only to be so immediately crushed when he found out a few days later it wasn't true.

Also Miami is signing Bosh to the max. 5 years/$118 mil.

Adrian WojehththHaha is reporting that Bosh is finalizing a 5 year, 118 mil deal to say in Miami. That came out of left field. Sorry, Houston. I thought with the Jeremy Lin trade today that would be a done deal.

The Bosh deal reeks of desperation. No idea why Miami is rolling out the same group LeBron just abandoned for next year but a lineup of Napier-Wade-Granger-McRoberts-Bosh isn't contending next year or ever and this Bosh deal hurts their flexibility going forward.