NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I don't think we would want him back at this point for the money he can get. I don't know if he can be a #1 option for a team anymore.

I think the Raptors would take Bosh back before he'd go back to Toronto, honestly.

Speaking of Bosh, word(grain of salt, obviously) is now that he would take a 4 year max deal with someone else over another discount to be in Miami, and given the oversized contracts handed out thus far, he could get it. I really hope someone does it too, as it could make the Miami situation interesting. Say Carmelo goes back to NY or signs with a team not named Miami and Lebron finds himself in a tough situation. He won't go back to play with just Wade and maybe Pau Gasol or something.

Speaking of Bosh, word(grain of salt, obviously) is now that he would take a 4 year max deal with someone else over another discount to be in Miami, and given the oversized contracts handed out thus far, he could get it. I really hope someone does it too, as it could make the Miami situation interesting. Say Carmelo goes back to NY or signs with a team not named Miami and Lebron finds himself in a tough situation. He won't go back to play with just Wade and maybe Pau Gasol or something.

Houston may be making a play towards Bosh as their "Plan B" to Melo, though that would likely mean Lin is on his way out.

LeBron is very likely going back to Cleveland. It's been rumored locally for a few days and now the national media is buying into it (Chris Broussard said they are the new favorites). Gilbert just sent a plane down to Miami today with Big Z in it for whatever reason. Look for the reunion to happen no later than Tuesday (and will likely leak for real by tomorrow).

I'll believe it when I see it.

For sure. I'll be very skeptical of it until it happens but there is way too much smoke right now around it. If it doesn't happen it wouldn't shock me but I am prepared to see it at this point.

I think the Cavs have a lot of appealing parts to him (Kyrie, Wiggins, Waiters, an owner willing to spend anything, 3 2015 1sts) and they have a good shot to go get a big 3rd piece if LeBron commits. Miami has no chance to improve because Bosh and Wade won't take big enough paycuts. The writing is on the wall.

Carmelo is really not good at figuring out which teams he can win a title on.

Also, LeBron meeting with Riley doesn't mean much. I imagine after The Decision and all they've been through, if he was going to leave he'll tell him about it first, face to face.

I think it's just a meeting for him to gauge Riley's progress with the roster and then he'll decide from there whether that meeting was enough to satisfy his needs to come back or if he'll start sitting down with other teams now.

I really think it's too early for him to be leaving. He's just now getting involved in the process since returning from vacation. I doubt he's going to sign with a new team without meeting with them in person. Don't trust Chris Broussard, last time LeBron was a free agent, he was claiming he was definitely signing with the Bulls.

That being said, I hope he does go back to Cleveland, or to any young team.

Hawks sign Sefolosha, eyeing Luol Deng. World collectively yawns.

(Actually, both could help greatly. Sefolosha could backup Korver, while Deng alongside the trade for Salmons would allow Carroll to come off the bench and give some help to the 3/4/5 spots. They're trying to recreate San Antonio's depth. Let's see how they muck this one up.)