NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

I really think it's too early for him to be leaving. He's just now getting involved in the process since returning from vacation. I doubt he's going to sign with a new team without meeting with them in person. Don't trust Chris Broussard, last time LeBron was a free agent, he was claiming he was definitely signing with the Bulls.

That being said, I hope he does go back to Cleveland, or to any young team.

It's really up to Pat Riley and how he sees the wind blowing. Cleveland had no option but to give Lebron as long as he wanted to make 'the decision' since Lebron was their only hope in signing FA's, but I don't see Pat Riley willing to miss out on all the other free agents and be left with a husk because Lebron and Bosh both run at the last minute leaving all the other big named FA's signed to other teams (few as they may be). Although it would be funny as Miami owe Cleveland their first round pick in 2015 (first ten protected).

I don't think the Channing Frye contract is that bad. 8 mill a year for a medium-good stretch four? It's not hideous. I guess it's now up to Orlando to make sure that he's not in decline and get him some assistance. The one thing he's gotta do better is get what is a pretty big frame in closer to the basket. He's become almost Bosh-esque in his retreat from the hoop.

I wasn't following the league when he broke in so I can't comment about how he arrives at his range (ie, whether or not he ever really attacked the basket, or simply shot short-mid range jump shots), but the numbers show his shot range falls off a cliff abruptly about five years ago, and he goes from like, sub .200 attempts from 3-pt range to about .500 attempts from 3-pt range, and has remained at that level ever since.

So Lebron's meeting with Riley is over. No news yet. Supposedly he's going to talk it out with his inner circle and come to a decision by Friday before he leaves for Brazil. Man, I still don't think he's going to Cleveland, but I do wonder if they'll have another meltdown if he spurns them twice.

Why is lebron going to Brazil? germany already creamed them, it's too late to lose in another finals as his entire team collapses around him.

• Like 4