NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

He should be forced to take a pay cut. Haslem has opted out too, Bosh will almost certainly do the same. They're all going to stay in Miami and the Heat will get bench help, or stupidly sign Carmelo.

EDIT: Yep, just went across the ticker on ESPN, Bosh will also opt out.

Wade opting out just assured LeBron is going back to Miami. Wade and Bosh will take big paycuts and they'll have room to add a couple FAs like Kyle Lowry and a legitimate big man now. Should assure they remain the East favorites every year going forward now.

Wade opting out just assured LeBron is going back to Miami. Wade and Bosh will take big paycuts and they'll have room to add a couple FAs like Kyle Lowry and a legitimate big man now. Should assure they remain the East favorites every year going forward now.

Eh, they remain beatable if anyone could get their shit together in the East. LeBron's the best in the league, but Wade is only going to get worse, Bosh is beginning to fade and their bench depth still won't be that great.

They might keep making finals, but they certainly aren't going to be locks to win them.

Rubio is an underrated scorer, in my opinion. I do remember that when Love didn't play he did put up about 15 points. He even scored 21 once!

Even as Rubio's biggest fan I'm going to tell you you're wrong. If he gets mad and decides to take over a game and is feeling it, he's decent. But on a night to night basis he will pass rather than take wide open shots. I mean wide open, with the defence not even rushing towards him. The majority of his points come at the rim, but if there is the smallest amount of contact or someone pressures him, chances are he's going to miss the layup. He needs to bulk up or get stronger and he needs to work on his release, it takes him an eternity to set for a shot, which I could live with if he had a higher percentage.

Nets have given Jason Kidd permission to talk with Milwaukee after he failed an attempt to take over the president of basketball ops with them apparently...

Head coaching role and president of basketball ops is the assumed talks he will be holding with Milwaukee too as he is apparently really close with new Bucks owner or something... Could be interesting...

Would you stop them? I think it should be more than enough rope to hang himself with. I don't get the sudden craze of retired PG's with no experience being given massive coaching contracts, let alone coaching and running the office. Shit is crazy.

Kidd underachieves in his first season with a win-now team and expects to get the reigns to the franchise? The rumor was he wanted to deal Brook and Teletovic to the Bucks for an overpaid, in rehab Larry Sanders and another overpaid player in Ersan Ilyasova, who pretty much plays the same game as Teletovic. I think he sees a sinking ship (which is the fault of Billy King) and wants to duck out before it's too late.

I bought into Kidd when we got him, although I wanted a coach that was proven such as George Karl. So hopefully it works out where we get decent enough compensation and get Karl but the damage is already done and this team needs to think of the future because its our 5th head coach in 5 seasons and we need some long term planning and moving what we can to get back in contention in a couple years. If we don't get enough compensation for Kidd though, I'm all in favor of sitting him right next to Lawrence Frank and have him do daily reports for the next fucking three years.

Edited by Lenny DYSItra

The Bucks have given up 2 second rounders for Kidd and fired Larry Drew after just a year. They're saying he'll have a vast amount of power over the franchise as well with potential to be president of operations soon.

The Bucks are really fucking dumb.

Where did you see that? Everything I've seen says that he's only going to be the coach.

One of the ESPN analysts said something along the lines of "he'll have more control than just being a coach" and that he and Larry Ellis had discussed a greater role in the organization should he join the Bucks which supposedly lead to the attempted power grab with Brooklyn.

Who's Larry Ellis? Do you mean the new Bucks owner Marc Lasry? But yeah I'm still not sure where they got that from because I haven't seen anything that says that he'll be anything more than the coach.

Edited by livid

Shit, yeah. I was just kind of half-braining that and combined Larry Drew with Ellis for some reason. And I don't think Kidd is getting an official title or anything other than coach, but the analyst said he would have more control than he had in Brooklyn and could gain more over time, which makes sense considering the current GM wasn't even consulted about the Kidd move before it happened.

Edit: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2014/06/30/jason-kidd-bucks-agree-on-deal/11766189/

Here's a USA today article that sort of alludes to Kidd getting more power eventually, albeit not quite what the ESPN dude said and moreso speculation. It only makes sense that he would move for power though, given the situation.

If Kidd isn't the President or GM by the end of next season I'll be shocked. But fuck we should've kept him for three years and locked him in the janitors closet until we got the first round pick we wanted.

Now another head coaching search, it'll be interesting to see who they sign with Marc Jackson, Lionel Hollions, and Ettore Messina which was one of Prokhorov's old coach for the Russian league he's in. We need a long term plan here and I wouldn't mind Marc Jackson just so we could possibly have a chance at luring Steph Curry when he becomes a FA in a couple years. <_<