NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

If Kobe wants more rings, he'll do whatever it takes to get them even if that means taking a backseat to someone else. He's playing for legacy now and he knows that the more rings you have, the higher you are on the list of all-time greats. Acting like he's going to forget that so that he can put up 30 points a game is dumb.

That will be more literal as Wade becomes less and less mobile as the years go by too.

Honest question, would you rather have Wade or Kobe right now?

Kobe because Wade isn't adapting to age as well as Kobe has. The contract for Kobe is horrendous (but is he supposed to say no to that kind of offer?) and his injuries have me worried he won't have anything going forward, but Kobe before he got hurt had already adapted to age pretty well. Wade's way of adapting has been to take half the season off.

That will be more literal as Wade becomes less and less mobile as the years go by too.

Honest question, would you rather have Wade or Kobe right now?

Kobe because Wade isn't adapting to age as well as Kobe has. The contract for Kobe is horrendous (but is he supposed to say no to that kind of offer?) and his injuries have me worried he won't have anything going forward, but Kobe before he got hurt had already adapted to age pretty well. Wade's way of adapting has been to take half the season off.

At the same time, it's hard for someone to be a second option when their contract makes it hard to sign someone more valuable.

Looks like Hollins is coming in as our coach in Brooklyn and if he can figure out a way to get Deron Williams in a time machine and send him back to his Utah years then I'll be excited. He did wonders for Conley and Gasol so I'm hoping that translates some how with Deron and Brook.

Should I be excited (noted Memphis Grizzlies fan), ForeheadSwisscheese?

I mean, I'm happy for Hollins. You got to give the guy a lot of credit for turning the Grizzlies around. He's old school, and a big reason why he got canned is because the new regime wanted an emphasis on analytics and he wasn't very receptive of that. He apparently snapped at John Hollinger for approaching Austin Daye during practice once. He just clashed too much with ownership

That being said, if he's given the talent to work with, he's proven he can take them pretty far. It's a fine hire for Brooklyn, but don't expect any miracles unless he gets the talent to work with. I'm confident he's a step up from Jason Kidd, though.

I believe in Masai!

I just hope the great play from last year continues next year. Adding Lou Williams to score off the bench could be a big help, and improvement from Valenciunas should happen.

I like to think that LeBron and D-Wade both opted out to trick Bosh into opting out, so they can just sign Carmelo in his place. I picture the three of them standing inside the American Airlines Arena atrium pointing and laughing at Bosh who is standing on the other side of the locked doors with his face up against the glass.

• Like 1

I like to think that LeBron and D-Wade both opted out to trick Bosh into opting out, so they can just sign Carmelo in his place. I picture the three of them standing inside the American Airlines Arena atrium pointing and laughing at Bosh who is standing on the other side of the locked doors with his face up against the glass.

Bosh actually still has something to contribute, though. If anyone were to get dumped, it should be D-Wade. :P

I believe in Masai!

I just hope the great play from last year continues next year. Adding Lou Williams to score off the bench could be a big help, and improvement from Valenciunas should happen.

Very interesting deal from the Hawks, though it shouldn't surprise any fan of a team ran by Danny Ferry. This pretty much cements that Korver & Teague will continue to be the backcourt in Atlanta, which is...okay, I guess.

I really don't think Atlanta will go after anyone significant this offseason, as they'll wait for Millsap to come off the books and then go after Durant or someone.

I really hope Gasol joins OKC, won't happen I think! But I do hope so!

If he's going to play cheap for a title(which he would have to do to play in OKC) he's better off in Miami or San Antonio, honestly.