NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Ugh, not a fan. Wasn't in favor of re-signing Chandler after the title, and he's only older now. I'd take Calderon over Felton any day of the week and there's no goddamn reason to trade Shane Larkin.

I'm disappointed to lose Chandler, who I love. But it's worth it to acquire those players back, it's a good haul that does save us some cap space. Losing Felton is just gravy.

EDIT: Wait, AND we get two picks?!?

• Like 1

My dad is a UNC grad so I'm a Tarheel B-Ball fan, and because of that I've tried to enjoy Felton while he's been here. But screw him, glad he's gone. Chandler is getting older, and though he only has one year left on his contract, it's still like $16 or $17 million or so. I say we use that to bring in LeBron. :shifty:

New Orleans Pelicans will send a 2015 first-round pick to Houston for [Omer] Asik, league source tells Yahoo Sports. Deal will give Rockets cap space. Rockets will also send New Orleans $1.5 million cash as part of the deal.

Can't really see LeBron or Melo leaving the much easier Eastern conference for Houston, but stranger things have happened.

Asik isn't an offensive player, I can't see how he would take touches away.

New York killed Dallas in that trade, it's ridiculous how badly one sided that trade is.

Eh, Chandler is a great defensive center when he's fit, and the previous time with the mavs he was in a physical prime after shitty years. They know how to handle the guy and keep him fresh. It also lessens the defensive woes that the mavs had.

Calderon is a great playmaker, and he'll be missed. But his defensive flaws were too heavy on a lineup already including Ellis and Dirk. Felton won't be the starter, Carlisle isn't an idiot in trying that.

Dalembert is a scrub who made 3.5M, he won't be missed in Dallas.

Ellington was hardly used and was taking 2.5M a year.

Larkin on the other hand had potential and I liked him last year.

Basically now Dallas needs a point guard and Knicks need a center. They flipped their general needs.

It's gonna be interesting what Cuban will do with all the cap space he's opened up by doing these trades.