NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Houston and Chicago both have convenient cap space and SF spots open if LeBron wants to go there. Chicago would have been a 100% sure bet if we knew Rose was guaranteed to be healthy long-term. That said a core of James and Noah is terrifying enough. Houston won't be winning anything without LeBron but with him you have the best team in the league, even if Harden continues to sleep through defense.

Would Lebron honestly consider Chicago though? Good fit yes but the pressure is going to be ENORMOUS in a Bulls uniform. We would never, ever hear the end of MJ comparisons. I don't think he wants to live in that shadow, not to mention banking on D-Rose's health isn't exactly ideal.

He lives in that shadow anyways, might as well do it on an actual team and not just with a couple of your buddies and a collection of warm bodies. I understand the hesitancy but if championships is what he's after, then the Bulls seem like the best fit. Then again I said the exact same thing the last time he was a FA and look what happened.

I doubt he's going to the Lakers to play with an aging Kobe who has probably got 3 years left in the tank. I doubt him and Kobe would gel together style-wise either. I mean I think they have the cap space and I'm sure they'll make a run if he opts-out, but he has better options unless they manage to bring in Calipari and Kevin Love or something as well.

No one here really thinks Kobe's going to play much longer than next year. I could see him doing it, because, fuck, he's Kobe Bryant, but I could also see him coming back just to prove, to himself more than anything, that he could do it, then riding off into the sunset if the Lakers don't look to be on the verge of another title.

I doubt he's going to the Lakers to play with an aging Kobe who has probably got 3 years left in the tank. I doubt him and Kobe would gel together style-wise either. I mean I think they have the cap space and I'm sure they'll make a run if he opts-out, but he has better options unless they manage to bring in Calipari and Kevin Love or something as well.

No one here really thinks Kobe's going to play much longer than next year. I could see him doing it, because, fuck, he's Kobe Bryant, but I could also see him coming back just to prove, to himself more than anything, that he could do it, then riding off into the sunset if the Lakers don't look to be on the verge of another title.

He's not walking away from the big contract he signed. He's going to play 2 more years.

Rumors swirling the Lakers, Warriors, and Wolves are working on a deal that would send Love to GS, Klay Thompson to LA, and picks (especially LA's pick in this draft #7) to Minnesota. I don't know how much else needs to be worked out, Klay's a big piece to part with since he's a young player who scores more every year but GS definitely could use a player like Love.

The only question with Melo now is if Phil Jackson can get a team to sign-and-trade for him and avoid Melo walking away with nothing. Jackson isn't really concerned about getting players back, mainly draft picks which makes sense since the Knicks don't have a 1st round pick until the goddamn 2018 draft

Even read a juicy rumor that with Embiid out 4-6 months and now too risky to take at #1 overall, the Cavs may consider offering the pick up for Melo. There's probably less than a .5% chance of it happening but Dan Gilbert is pretty much the biggest idiot ever and it'd be such a Cleveland thing to do.

The only question with Melo now is if Phil Jackson can get a team to sign-and-trade for him and avoid Melo walking away with nothing. Jackson isn't really concerned about getting players back, mainly draft picks which makes sense since the Knicks don't have a 1st round pick until the goddamn 2018 draft

Even read a juicy rumor that with Embiid out 4-6 months and now too risky to take at #1 overall, the Cavs may consider offering the pick up for Melo. There's probably less than a .5% chance of it happening but Dan Gilbert is pretty much the biggest idiot ever and it'd be such a Cleveland thing to do.

NY has 2015 and 2017 1sts.