NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Heard about this earlier tonight, about an hour after a notification about Melo has until 'x' day to decide to opt out or resign.

I guess they will need to rebuild without Wade eventually, and probably without Bosh as well in order to try and keep a happy LeBron with plenty of money for him. I have a feeling King James will be searching for the max contract he's never gotten, don't know if the Heat can provide that.

Though if they lose this year that might change his perspective drastically.

We get Ricky and you get Raymond Felton?! :w00t:

(A Ricky/JR Backcourt would actually be the best because Ricky takes none of the shots and JR takes all of the shots.)

Melo is a free agent. The only thing you'd get is overpaid players and a draft pick.

No he isn't.

He can opt out of his final year, effectively making him one, though, right?

And the Melo/Bosh/Wade/Lebron Class of 03 reunion tour in Miami would be terrible for everyone outside of Miami. Just thinking of it makes me want to vomit.

• Like 1

Miami has to/will do something major to keep LeBron relevant for the next five years. I love Wade but he is aging faster than Robin Williams in that one (of many) terrible movie he made, Jack. With that said, I don't see the big three taking HUGE paycuts. I mean they have reminded everyone for years about the fact they took pay cuts to come together and it was only a matter of a few million dollars. You are talking about tens of millions for this paycut. I just don't see them leaving that much money on the table.

Miami will do something to make themselves relevant... I just don't think Melo is the answer.

Miami has to/will do something major to keep LeBron relevant for the next five years. I love Wade but he is aging faster than Robin Williams in that one (of many) terrible movie he made, Jack. With that said, I don't see the big three taking HUGE paycuts. I mean they have reminded everyone for years about the fact they took pay cuts to come together and it was only a matter of a few million dollars. You are talking about tens of millions for this paycut. I just don't see them leaving that much money on the table.

Miami will do something to make themselves relevant... I just don't think Melo is the answer.

I could easily see LeBron taking less money because he earns a ton off the court anyways (and just so happened to make $30 million from the Beats sale to Apple). Bosh/Wade less so but they'd probably take less of a cut than LeBron because of that. Saying that, they should really find players that complement their current ones well, not just another superstar.