NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread

HeyThereVelvet

Timmy! Coach Pop! MANUUU! This is always the second-best outcome behind the Knicks winning.

Also apparently this is the only year of Norris Cole's professional career that he hasn't won an NBA championship.

• Like 1

Man, that was just awesome. Duncan with his kids, then he goes and jumps on Robinson, Avery and Parker hugging it out. Super cool when all the international players had their flags out, really made them look like badass world champs. I loved how the Spurs reacted when Kawhi was being named MVP. Unbelievable ride, now just gotta' wait a couple of weeks before the draft.

• Like 1

I don't think it makes a lot of sense for him to leave. Pat Riley can bring the talent to him. Unless he just thinks Wade and Bosh have gotten him as far as they can. I just don't see him leaving Miami.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense for him to leave. Pat Riley can bring the talent to him. Unless he just thinks Wade and Bosh have gotten him as far as they can. I just don't see him leaving Miami.

The new cap makes it nearly impossible for them to just bring guys in at max deals. LeBron's best bet is to find a team with a young nucleus, but that's obviously something easier said than done. The Heat problems will just get bigger next year. Wade's a shooting guard on the wrong side of 30 (and one who sabotaged his body on some awful teams for a few years too). Bosh isn't getting any younger and his weaknesses become more glaring every year. Unless all 3 opt-out and take huge paycuts they can't lure Melo or anyone to town, and all Melo does it push Wade to a bench role which solves very little anyway. If Love becomes a free agent and goes there next year he solves nothing as well since he's soft on defense. It's just like there's no one they can put around LeBron quickly that would entice him to go "I need to stay here." They have no trade chips to make anything work out.

That said, there are very few landing spots that can make something with him work. Clippers would be ideal but Sterling is sinking that entire ship as we speak. Houston is a terrible landing spot for he or Melo. Chicago would be perfect if he had any indication of Rose's health. Lakers are in ruins, Knicks are in ruins. He's not gonna play for Dan Gilbert again. Dallas is too old. The best teams in the league all don't have space for the best player, and the divide is so big there's no one he can pick up by the bootstraps immediately.

He's screwed in a lot of ways by circumstance. You can't lure cheap veterans to your team every year and hope to win, it didn't work in Cleveland and it didn't work in Miami this year.

He can come to Detroit and play with an emerging big man in Drummond.

Haha, I know.

But at any rate, I'm looking forward to the offseason.

Oh and Lebron haters have become just as insufferable as his die hard fans. We get it, he's not Jordan, but he is still the best basketball player in the world. He is a hall of famer and deserves some recognition as an all-time great.

Phoenix could use LeBron ;) give that man a max contract! Not sure exactly how much free space they actually have but I'm sure they can work something out lol

Or make a deal and bring Kevin Love to town... I'd be more than happy with either :P

He can come to Detroit and play with an emerging big man in Drummond.

Haha, I know.

But at any rate, I'm looking forward to the offseason.

Oh and Lebron haters have become just as insufferable as his die hard fans. We get it, he's not Jordan, but he is still the best basketball player in the world. He is a hall of famer and deserves some recognition as an all-time great.

LeBron haters fail to acknowledge the Heat would have been swept and probably lost every game by 30 without him.

Kevin Love is going to be a Laker. It's where he wants to play.

Lebron is the best player right now, but he's not top 5 all-time. I might even be able to make a compelling argument he's not top 10...

Jordan

Magic

Bird

Shaq

Russell

Duncan

Kobe

Wilt

Kareem

Lebron? Dr, J? Moses Malone? Karl Malone?

I dunno...