2014 FIFA World Cup

Starvinho

A Suarez doesn't change its teeth?

In all seriousness, he's done it twice within a year, he's not gonna change. In real life he'd be charged, he's a repeat offender and rehabilitation clearly hasn't worked with him. I'm all in favour of rehabilitation but three times is taking the fucking piss now, its cannibalistic and something animals would do, I'm still surprised someone hasn't beaten the shit out of him cause if I was playing footy and someone bit or spat on me I'd see red, its disgusting. You can argue that it's not just assault but wounding, he's breaking the skin of another player with his enormous beaver teeth.

I'd try and sell him for as much as we can cause although he's one of the best footballers in the world he's not worth the hassle, reinvest in other positions...but who the fuck would buy him? Especially if a ban crosses over from international football to club football. I hope its only international level but that's for entirely selfish and club reasons in that I wouldn't want to be stuck with a player on 100+ thousand a week who's banned for months.

• Like 4

The whole thing is completely and utterly stupid. Just ban him for life already. I'll leave it up to people to decide if I mean Nerf or Suarez.

Am I doing it wrong?

PITCHFORKS! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! TASER HIM! HIT HIM WITH A STICK!

Better?

I think I need to break out the Nerf Flow Chart again.

Q: Do they receive a paycheque from Liverpool?

Yes: THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL

No: THIS IS AN OUTRAAAAAAGE

• Like 1

• Admin

If I were a Liverpool fan right now though, why would I want him to be sold now - his value will have become half of what it was before the bite incident.

Liverpool will keep him while he's banned for however long, let him return to the team and start banging the goals in again so his market value recovers, before selling to Real/Barca in a season or two.

The whole thing is completely and utterly stupid. Just ban him for life already. I'll leave it up to people to decide if I mean Nerf or Suarez.

Am I doing it wrong?

PITCHFORKS! BURN HIM AT THE STAKE! TASER HIM! HIT HIM WITH A STICK!

Better?

I think I need to break out the Nerf Flow Chart again.

Q: Do they receive a paycheque from Liverpool?

Yes: THIS IS NOT A BIG DEAL

No: THIS IS AN OUTRAAAAAAGE

Expect for the part where I said it WAS a big deal, he's a disgrace and I'm sick of his bullshit. Nice try, though.

A Suarez doesn't change its teeth?

In all seriousness, he's done it twice within a year, he's not gonna change. In real life he'd be charged, he's a repeat offender and rehabilitation clearly hasn't worked with him. I'm all in favour of rehabilitation but three times is taking the fucking piss now, its cannibalistic and something animals would do, I'm still surprised someone hasn't beaten the shit out of him cause if I was playing footy and someone bit or spat on me I'd see red, its disgusting. You can argue that it's not just assault but wounding, he's breaking the skin of another player with his enormous beaver teeth.

I'd try and sell him for as much as we can cause although he's one of the best footballers in the world he's not worth the hassle, reinvest in other positions...but who the fuck would buy him? Especially if a ban crosses over from international football to club football. I hope its only international level but that's for entirely selfish and club reasons in that I wouldn't want to be stuck with a player on 100+ thousand a week who's banned for months.

Great post and sometimes you have to look at a situation like as human being instead of a fan of a football club.

He's going to either end up seriously hurting someone or getting seriously hurt himself. Imagine if he tried to bite Ibrahimovic or someone with that temperament.

It's not like these things are disputable, he's been caught on camera biting 3 different people now. It's annoying as a normal person that he's being given chance after chance whereas if you or I did it we'd be sat in a prison cell right now.

Edit: A genuine question for you guys, when would you consider a life ban? Now? If he does it again? Or only if he does it multiple times in the same competition?

Edited by Dan
  • Like 3

If I were a Liverpool fan right now though, why would I want him to be sold now - his value will have become half of what it was before the bite incident.

Liverpool will keep him while he's banned for however long, let him return to the team and start banging the goals in again so his market value recovers, before selling to Real/Barca in a season or two.

What if he's still banned in a season or two?

I honestly don't think biting will ever be considered severe enough to warrant a lifetime ban (as much as may be inclined to disagree with it). It is vile, disgusting and makes him look an animal child, but I don't think he'd ever get a lifetime ban for it; because it won't be considered life threatening. I do however think that the reprecussions for him for this third strike could be almost as bad as a lifetime ban, and I don't necessarily mean in a FIFA/FA sanctioned manner, he's now likely to never play for the upper tier elite teams because of this, and it will irrepairably stain his career way beyond the day he hangs up his boots.

That being said, a global ban for him for a not-single figure amount of games has to be the bare minimum here.