2014 NFL Season

Dan

Bowles was always going to take a HC job this off-season, I think he's a good fit for the Jets.

Cards wise, looks like an in-house promotion with Dick LaBeau coming in to help in some form is the plan to replace Bowles. I think it's the best way forward. Team is at a bit of a crossroads overall I think. How the coaching set-up changes and who is at QB next year, plus the future of Fitz are all going to be key in whether or not the Cards challenge or fade back into obscurity in 2015.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2327113-12-year-old-sends-letter-to-all-32-nfl-teams-and-only-the-panthers-responded?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Pretty sad that thirty-one franchises didn't even respond with a stock letter. Yet it's incredibly cool that Jerry Richardson wrote the kid back by hand.

I do find it funny that he's holding out hope that another team responds so he isn't stuck being a Carolina fan, though. :D

That was the best part of the article for me.

"If they're the only team that responds... I haven't given up hope that some NFL team might still respond... or maybe a college team... maybe an Arena football team could send me a jersey... or a free ticket... maybe one game's worth of free parking..."

Also Del Rio to the Raiders. :lol:

And Mariota is officially entering the draft.

I'm not super excited for it, but he had a better track record then anyone Oakland had tried since Gruden, with the exception of Art Shell, whom I refuse to say bad things about.

It's a hire that will really depend on the assistants. Mike Smith is supposed to come in as the DC, and if they get Trestman as the OC, it's a solid, but not great, staff.

Also Del Rio to the Raiders. :lol:

And Mariota is officially entering the draft.

I'm not super excited for it, but he had a better track record then anyone Oakland had tried since Gruden, with the exception of Art Shell, whom I refuse to say bad things about.

It's a hire that will really depend on the assistants. Mike Smith is supposed to come in as the DC, and if they get Trestman as the OC, it's a solid, but not great, staff.

I mean, I know Smitty was his DC for a while, but I don't have the heart to tell you what the defense was like in Atlanta last year.

Bill Callahan went to the Redskins, enjoy being unemployed next year when Snyder cleans house again.

Reports are John Fox to the Bears is a done deal.

• Like 1

Ravens fans seem very salty about potentially losing their OC. I saw him being dubbed the Kubiakstabber on their subreddit. :lol:

I mean, yeah, he said he was going to stay, but that was before anyone new the Denver job was going to be open. Given his ties to Denver, you can't blame him for backtracking,

So, Marcus Arroyo is out as QB coach for the Bucs, which I guess....can't hurt much? Honestly, I don't know what to even expect from the team offensively; sure, they were were pretty bad during the Dungy years on offense, but the weapons they at least had then (Trent Dilfer was peaking; that's not saying much, but he did have a Pro Bowl year in '97, and after a one game benching in '99, had a 5 game winning streak before an injury in Seattle ended his Buccaneer career), Mike Alstott, Warwick Dunn and........guys to catch the bowl [....at times...] ) just seemed so much better. Then again, Dungy only had one sub .500 season as the coach :shifty: .

I just really hope they can put something resembling a football team out there.

This will sound weird, but man, I miss Warrick Dunn. He was awesome, he was with the Bucs when they were in the Lions division and he gave us fits. From what I understand, he's also a very classy guy that has done a ton of good things for the less fortunate.

You guys had Keyshawn Johnson for a bit, and he was a good WR at the time. He also is the subject of one of my favorite hits from a Lion to another guy.

corwin-keyshawn.jpg

I can't find a gif. But man did he nail that fucker, blew his helmet off, left him with grass in his mouth. It would be a flag now probably.

• Like 1

Adam Gase officially interviewed for the Broncos job. Sounds like the interview went very well, enough so that Teryl Austin has pulled his name from consideration when he was going to interview today I believe. This complicates things for Denver as they can't hire Gase until they fulfill the Rooney Rule requirements, so they are now reaching out to Bengals secondary coach Vance Joseph in what could wind up being little more than a token interview.

I get why the Rooney Rule was put into place but stuff like this just makes it seem like a joke especially if it winds up essentially boiling down to an internal promotion.