2014 NFL Season

Dan

I'm gonna say fuck Adrian Peterson because there's a difference between physical discipline and losing your shit on a child. This wasn't AP teaching his children to behave. This was AP getting furiously angry and taking it out on his children. I hope he gets an example made of him by the justice system.

Well shit, man. If you witnessed the thing why the hell haven't you come forward?!

If he's in control, he doesn't hit his childs scrotum with a tree branch. Don't be an idiot.

As opposed to the person who screams out for the justice system to do their job in the same breath as presuming guilt until proven innocent..which is the opposite of how the justice system works.

You're probably right, but it doesn't matter yet if you're right or not. I'm not prescribing any likeliness of guilt one way or the other. I'm letting the justice system you're screaming out for do their job before I condemn the man. All that you're accomplishing here is that you get to be seen to be angriest first. Which isn't productive, nor is it just. If you ask for justice, I do not think it is too much to ask to be just yourself. If he is (as all evidence points to) found guilty, then I find the allegations to be no less sickening than anyone else - I hope that anyone found guilty of such acts has the book thrown at them. I just want it thrown after he's found guilty.

There used to be a rule against this in The Ring when drug and steroid allegations were made at wrestlers. Congratulations, we've devolved below The Ring.

• Like 1

I'm gonna say fuck Adrian Peterson because there's a difference between physical discipline and losing your shit on a child. This wasn't AP teaching his children to behave. This was AP getting furiously angry and taking it out on his children. I hope he gets an example made of him by the justice system.

Well shit, man. If you witnessed the thing why the hell haven't you come forward?!

If he's in control, he doesn't hit his childs scrotum with a tree branch. Don't be an idiot.

As opposed to the person who screams out for the justice system to do their job in the same breath as presuming guilt until proven innocent..which is the opposite of how the justice system works.

You're probably right, but it doesn't matter yet if you're right or not. I'm not prescribing any likeliness of guilt one way or the other. I'm letting the justice system you're screaming out for do their job before I condemn the man. All that you're accomplishing here is that you get to be seen to be angriest first. Which isn't productive, nor is it just. If you ask for justice, I do not think it is too much to ask to be just yourself. If he is (as all evidence points to) found guilty, then I find the allegations to be no less sickening than anyone else - I hope that anyone found guilty of such acts has the book thrown at them. I just want it thrown after he's found guilty.

There used to be a rule against this in The Ring when drug and steroid allegations were made at wrestlers. Congratulations, we've devolved below The Ring.

The facts of the case are not in dispute. We know what happened. The courts may or may not rule it child abuse. If they do not, they are wrong.

Wanting an example made out of him isn't out of anger, I don't want my pound of flesh, I'm not going to hope he gets raped by 21 guys or whatever. I am shocked at how many people are defending Peterson, at how many people think what he did was OK. If somebody of Petersons stature and wealth in such a high profile case sees the inside of a jail cell over this, it will go a long way towards shifting opinion away from the switch.

• Like 2

As near as I have read, the facts are that someone has struck his son to a degree that it caused the injuries shown in the picture, and that it is alleged to have been AP. Now, he may be guilty on balance of probability, but I have not yet seen where it has been established as indisputable that it was him. Not saying it doesn't exist, simply that I haven't yet read it

Again - and I know you were careful to not say this yourself (which I appreciate), but just to avoid having someone else put these words in my mouth - I'm not saying he didn't do it, and I certainly am not saying that it is OK. It is most definitely not. As sick as we all are of the rash of NFL players doing awful things, I am equally beginning to tire of the "it's on TMZ ergo it must be true" mentality and then the internet collectively hangs the guy - and I just wish we'd let the system run its course first. As individuals, one case of this doesn't destroy someone's reputation, but when the internet collectively proliferates this mentality, it can ruin people. So I wish we'd wait until the guy is proven guilty before we tear him down. Just in case we get it wrong - we can't collectively take it back.

Only seen the stats this morning - was Glennon actually significantly better than McCown, or was it a bit more of Falcons resting their top guys by that point?

Are we sure the Bucs got Josh McCown and not Luke McCown?

• Like 1

Well, part of the big problem (not that this is an excuse after last night <_< ) was that the offensive coordinator, Jeff Tedford, had been having some serious heart problems, and wasn't even calling the plays the first two games; some crappy offensive assistant from Southern Mississippi was doing that.