2014 NFL Season

Dan

I'm not, pulling someone down by the back of their jersey can cause the same effect as a legit horse collar. With all of the injury amendments and rules and such, I'd actually say this is probably one of the more practical ones. It's one of the more dangerous moves a defender can make in tackling a guy.

Edit: Just re-read your post....Fletcher Cox was on the other side of that call last week, and not sure if I said it on here or not, but I was of the same opinion. My opinion on a tackle that brings a guy backward onto his own ankle/foot has been the same since I was 14 and it happened to TO. It's a fair call whether it goes for or against the Eagles.

Edit 2: Here's Luck with the ball still in his hand, and Hilton going down within 5 yards. I thought the Eagles got away with one (take the W how you get it), but I'm pretty sure it was actually the right call. Woah.

5yards.png

Edited by PatDaMan

It's a bullshit rule though.

Quite probably, but It's the rule they have to play.

when this perfectly fine tackle got called as a penalty

This was the quote that I was responding to, it's not a fine tackle - it's a penalty.

Still getting paid though!

Seau is a slam dunk first-ballot guy. I think Warner will get in eventually but it may take an etxra year or two. Here is the ballot:

---

Quarterbacks: (4) – Randall Cunningham, Rich Gannon, Phil Simms, Kurt Warner

Wide Receivers: (9) – *Tim Brown (also KR), Isaac Bruce, Gary Clark, Henry Ellard (also PR), *Marvin Harrison, Torry Holt, Sterling Sharpe, Jimmy Smith, Rod Smith

Tight End: (1) – Mark Bavaro

Running Backs: (14) – Shaun Alexander, Ottis Anderson, Tiki Barber, *Jerome Bettis, Roger Craig, Stephen Davis, Terrell Davis, Eddie George, Priest Holmes, Edgerrin James, Daryl Johnston, Jamal Lewis, Herschel Walker (also KR), Ricky Watters

Offensive Linemen: (23) – Willie Anderson (T), Tony Boselli (T), Jeff Bostic ©, Lomas Brown (T), Jim Covert (T), Bill Fralic (G/T), Jay Hilgenberg ©, Chris Hinton (G/T), Kent Hull ©, Joe Jacoby (T), Jon Jansen (T), Mike Kenn (T), Jim Lachey (T), Kevin Mawae (C/G), Mark May (G/T/C),Tom Nalen ©, Nate Newton (G), Orlando Pace (T), Chris Samuels (T), Mark Schlereth (G), *Will Shields (G), Tra Thomas (T), Steve Wisniewski (G)

Defensive Linemen: (12) – Al “Bubba” Baker (DE), Jerome Brown (DT), Carl Hairston (DE/DT), *Charles Haley (also LB), Jevon Kearse (DE), Dexter Manley (DE), Charles Mann (DE), Steve McMichael (DT/NT), Fred Smerlas (NT), Greg Townsend (DE), Ted Washington (DT/NT), Bryant Young (DE)

Linebackers: (13) – Cornelius Bennett, Tedy Bruschi, *Kevin Greene (also DE), Ken Harvey, Clay Matthews, Willie McGinest (also DE), Karl Mecklenburg, Matt Millen, Sam Mills, Junior Seau, Chris Spielman, Darryl Talley, Zach Thomas

Defensive Backs: (16) – Eric Allen (CB), Steve Atwater (S), Joey Browner (S), LeRoy Butler (S), Thomas Everett (S), Rodney Harrison (S), Ty Law (CB), Albert Lewis (CB), *John Lynch (S), Terry McDaniel (CB), Tim McDonald (S), Frank Minnifield (CB), Shawn Springs (CB), Troy Vincent (CB/S), Everson Walls (CB), Darren Woodson (S)

Kickers/Punters: (5) – *Morten Andersen (K), Gary Anderson (K), Jason Elam (K), Sean Landeta (P), Nick Lowery (K)

Special Teams/Position Players: (2) – Brian Mitchell (RB/PR/KR), Steve Tasker (also WR)

Coaches: (14) –Don Coryell, Bill Cowher, *Tony Dungy, Tom Flores, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Chuck Knox, Buddy Parker, Richie Petitbon, Dan Reeves, Lou Saban, Marty Schottenheimer, Clark Shaughnessy, Dick Vermeil

---

Guys with the asterisk are ones who were finalists last year. More often than not, finalists continue to be finalists on future ballots unless there's a very strong first-year class.

Seau is a lock to be a first-ballot guy. The only other guy on the list I think will get in first-ballot is Orlando Pace. Bettis I think finally gets in as well as Tim Brown or Marvin Harrison (probably not both - the voters are very finicky about diversifying positions). I'd have said Dungy but his Michael Sam comments may have pissed off enough writers to keep him out until it blows over.

Christ Shaun Alexander is already elligible, damn I feel old.

In other news, Reggie Bush went on the radio and announced he disciplines his one year old daughter. But he like tries not to leave bruises and stuff, of course.

Christ Shaun Alexander is already elligible, damn I feel old.

In other news, Reggie Bush went on the radio and announced he disciplines his one year old daughter. But he like tries not to leave bruises and stuff, of course.

That makes me sick to my stomach. There is nothing a one-year old could do to warrant a spanking.