2014 NFL Season

Dan

I'm not sure why the Jags didn't just start Bortles to begin the season to be honest. They weren't playoff contenders with him or without him. I know teams do the whole "sit the rookie first round pick while a veteran QB starts" thing all the time...but it only makes sense to me when the veteran QB actually is somebody who has had success before who the rookie could learn from watching him play. At the very least, the veteran is usually somebody who would be a viable starter on another team. Bortles isn't learning anything from Chad Henne, who is the very definition of a retread.

So RG3 has a dislocated ankle, but they don't know how long he'll be out for.

The question, though, is will Washington stick with Cousins as their starter, or will RG3 be given the job back? As a Cowboys fan, I want RG3 to be their starter, but as a football fan, I think Cousins deserves the job. If Cousins continues to play well, the only way I see RG3 starting when he returns is due to Dan Snyder.

• Like 1

Unless you have a viable QB in front of your rookie, I think it's best to start them from the start. Aaron Rodgers and Eli Manning are the only franchise caliber QBs that sat and have had a ton of success. Rookie QBs, even with the talent of Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning, struggle as rookies. Better to get those early troubles out of the way ASAP. There's only so much you can learn by running the practice squad during the week and from watching game film.

Colts -3 tonight! Sorry Eagles fans :shuriken:

Don't see Andy Luck/Indy going down 0-2 to start the year, especially at home and against a team that woke up in the 2nd half to beat Jacksonville. So I'm picking the team that woke up in the second half and almost tied Denver :shifty: