2014 NFL Season

Dan

So a promo fo the upcoming South Park season aired solely in the Washington DC market today

• Like 3

Holy cow, I have every reason in the world to watch Monday Night Football tonight!

1) Fantasy reasons :shifty:

2) Football pool at work! It's down to me and three other people! Three of us (myself included) picked the Bears. One other person has the Jets :shifty: .

3) I need final score to be between 45 and 49 points!

Won't matter if the Jets win :shifty:

The Bills are leading the division! Going to enjoy the fuck out of this for the brief time it'll last.

Knock knock?

Who's there?

Oh, a note!

"Dear Buffalo, this is reality. We missed you, but we'll be back next week."

:shifty:

:shifty:

• Like 1

In my money league, I have Martellus Bennett against my opponent's Brandon Marshall and Chris Ivory.

And I'm down by 2 points.

Can Brandon Marshall and Chis Ivory just sit on the bench quietly tonight?

I'm thinking the Lions bring back the Italian dude that competed against Freese in camp. Supposedly, the Italian dude was better in camp but the Lions went with Freese because A. He was a draft pick and B. He made all of his Field Goals in Pre-Season.

And more on the Lions...please just ignore me for one minute, but I'm about to completely overreact and fly off the handle. The Lions MLB Stephen Tulloch is out for the year.

OUT FOR THE YEAR!? HOW DO YOU BLOW YOUR FUCKING KNEE OUT CELEBRATING? ONLY THE FUCKING LIONS LOSE A GUY TO INJURY BECAUSE HE CELEBRATED A SACK MOCKING AARON RODGERS. JESUS FUCK, I COULD DO THAT CELEBRATION 10 TIMES, AND 10 TIMES OUT OF 10 NOT BLOW MY FUCKING ACL. WAY TO GO TULLOCH.

Anyway, Deandre Levy will probably continue to fill in the middle. We actually have surprisingly good depth at LB, with the emergence of Tahir Whitehead. So I expect Levy, Whitehead, and Palmer to continue to get the job done, and hopefully Van Noy gives us a boost when he returns.

We've really been hit hard by the injuries this year. We have lost Stephen Tulloch (starting MLB), Bill Bently (Starting Nickel), Nevin Lawson (back up nickel), Ike Hillard (back up RT, but as good as the starting RT) for the season. Kyle Van Noy is on short term injured reserve, our actual starting LaAdrian Waddle is not likely to be back for another few weeks, OH and our actual starting safety James Ihedigbo has not played this year.

It's incredible that our D has played so well with all of these fucking injuries.

Edit - oh and regarding the kicker, we signed a guy named Alex Henery? Cool. Why do I feel like this kicking situation is going to haunt us after having such a steady presence with Jason Hanson for years?

Edited by VerbalPuke
  • Like 2

The Lions fired their kicker

We bloody well needed to as well. Hopefully Henery will do a better job for us.

Coming from an Eagles fan, good fucking luck with Alex Henery. Pray that no game comes down to a FGA that is A) longer than 35 yards or B) A pressure situation. Dude is legitimately awful and his confidence seemed shot this summer.

I was just going to say that VP should ask Eagle fans what to think of Henery. :lol:

Eh, his stats seem okay - 74 FG made from 86 attempts, long of 51.

His fate here was sealed when hey traded for Cody Parkey (who's been routinely nailing 50+ yarders), and Henery missed a 30 yard preseason FG. He also missed a key FG in the playoff game, which we lost by 3 points. I know that would've shifted everything else that happened after, but it certainly didn't help.

Henery can be a very accurate kicker, but he's not clutch at all and doesn't have a big enough leg to get touchbacks on Kickoffs.