2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Man I really hope the Eagles don't have too many injuries on the O-line, because those 3rd stringers were UGLY.  I don't really fault Tebow too much for how he played, he had almost no time in the pocket.  Some of those snaps from the center were practically worm burners.  He still tends to hold onto the ball WAY too long though

Get excited DMN!

CMeI3UeUcAA-DKY.jpg

Say what you will, but I am legitimately excited for this season. Trent  Richardson is pretty much meaningless. If he works out, great, but the future of Oakland doesn't hinge on him. I'm looking forward to seeing Derek Carr's growth, especially now that he has weapons, and, over the next year or so, the continued building of the defense. 

He's a servicable tackle, but he was our #3 and got injured a lot and never made it beyond being a backup.

Edited by Maxx

I've not seen anything substantial but apparently the defense didn't look like it has embraced the switch to the 3-4.

The starters didn't look great but it was only a couple of drives of the first pre-season game, plenty of time to work on things still.

Pernell McPhee was the biggest worry to me, he looked a little overweight and slow. Jared Allen was none-too-good in coverage either. McClellin and Jones looked good in the middle of the LB core though and Sam Acho looks like he's going to make a strong case for starting opposite McPhee.

I really am gonna advise Bears fans not to get excited for McPhee.  He was very good at getting to the QB, but he did so usually in sets where Suggs and Dumervil were out there so he was the least threatening option.  Rarely does a guy leave a defensive system like Baltimore and actually be better.

There is nothing wrong with what RG3 said. Plenty of athletes have said variations of the same thing and they haven't been given half as much shit for it. People are just tired of him being a story. 

I tend to give whoever says something like that shit, because more often than not, if you're the one saying it, it's not true. LeBron doesn't walk around saying he's the best in the NBA. Trout doesn't claim to be the best outfielder in baseball. The only exception I can think of recently is Richard Sherman, and I honestly can't remember if he flat out claimed to be the best corner or not, or if it was just implied by the things he said. <_< 

Who was it that said it last year? Was it Flacco? I wish quarterbacks had the sense to realize if you're the only one saying something, it's just not true.

Joe Flacco is an elite quaterback. I'll allow it. He's gotta be elite at *something*...

Flacco, IIRC, did it during the 2012 season.

See what happened to the Ravens that season.

RG3 is gonna win Super Bowl 50.