2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

I've been looking at each teams draft and I think the Jags are probably the biggest winners this year.

I'm happy with what the Bears did but we're still another good draft away from being playoff contenders in my opinion.

If La'el Collins isn't drafted then he cannot enter the draft next year. He could be a big get for someone providing he comes out of the investigation clean.

I'm guessing Ifo Ekpre-Olomu's knee must be torn to shreds for him not to be drafted yet considering his talent. If he becomes an UDFA I'd love for the Bears to bring him in and put him on IR for the year, then he can become our slot corner next year when I assume we'll be cutting Tim Jennings.

Bit disappointed we haven't picked up a pass rushers but there are so many unknown fits now we're changing over to a 3-4 that I guess the management want to see how the D plays out for a year. We've got a bunch of LBs/DEs and most of them don't have a definite fit yet.

Ifo will probably sign with the Eagles if he doesn't get drafted.

I thought La'el would be able to enter the draft again next year? I've definitely seen that around somewhere.

And, Eagles drafting all defensive players after Agholor is a bit of a surprise. We have 7 ILB's on the roster right now - can't be good news for Kendricks fans like myself. Excited about what we'll be putting on the field on D next year though. I think our front 7, which was a strength, has only gotten stronger, and I'm super excited about our defensive backfield after the garbage that was on the field last season.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to become a Packers fan, but I think Hundley fell into pretty much the best possible spot for him.

Of course, the Vikings have a 2/3 Bruins linebacking corps, so...

Really? Rodgers is only 31, I think he'll be on the field for at least another 5 years or so.

Hundley's end-game, barring injury of A-Rod, is probably being traded for a higher draft pick to a QB-needy team in few years. In the meantime, he provides a solid back-up option while getting to learn under the best and can hopefully teach the defense how to defend against a mobile QB in practice. It's beneficial for all parties I think.

Oh yeah I forgot that last part. Teams really benefit from having a different style QB as a backup in so many ways, but none more than in practice. Before Super Bowl XXLVII they had Dennis Dixon lead the practice squad mimicking the 49ers offense since he was a mobile QB. You could very well argue it made a difference.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to become a Packers fan, but I think Hundley fell into pretty much the best possible spot for him.

Of course, the Vikings have a 2/3 Bruins linebacking corps, so...

Really? Rodgers is only 31, I think he'll be on the field for at least another 5 years or so.

What they said.

Being thrown on the field isn't always what's best for a QB.

And Rodgers is pretty much proof positive of that. He's only as good as he is now because he had time to learn himself.

After a couple of days to sit on it, I don't hate the 49ers draft but I'm not exactly thrilled that they didn't address 2/3 of their biggest needs (ILB and CB). They must be confident in some of the depth guys they've added the past couple of years but it's hard for me to be as optimistic when they passed on clear talent at those positions.