2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Its an attempt by 3 teams to scam their cities into funding huge percentage of stadiums that ultimately won't pay off. The cities shouldn't blink and call the teams of their bluff

The Rams actually have a legitimate plan to LA it seems. I think Kroenke wants out of STL. Oakland and San Diego just want new stadiums, and this might be there last chance to use LA as leverage if the Rams set up shop

• Admin
The suspension of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been overturned.
NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday that U.S. District Judge David S. Doty has ruled in favor of Peterson, granting an NFLPA motion to vacate a previous ruling by Harold Henderson, according to a source informed of the decision.
"Petition to vacate the arbitration award was granted," Judge Doty remarked, according to Rapoport. "Case was remanded for further proceedings ... as the (collective bargaining agreement) may permit."
The NFL says it will "review the decision" by Judge Doty to make Peterson immediately eligible. According to NFL Media's Albert Breer, the league has the ability to seek a circuit court injunction to keep Peterson from being reinstated.
The NFL suspended Peterson on Nov. 18 stemming from a no contest plea on what the league called "an incident of abusive discipline" toward his 4-year-old son. Because the appeal was denied, Peterson was not eligible for reinstatement prior to April 15. The NFLPA that the NFL's arbitrator exceeded his authority by suspending Peterson.

Bang up job, NFL.

As for the whole LA thing. Yeah, Oakland has been using San Antonio and Los Angeles to force Oakland's hand and San Diego is trying to do the same. Really it's annoying to me as someone who understands how NFL schedules work that the 49ers and Raiders don't share a stadium in the Bay Area. California taxpayers shouldn't be expected to pay for not one, not two, not three, but four new football stadiums all within a few years of each other. That's ridiculous. But yeah, LA has been the "oh shit let's put up more money than our city should" city for two decades now. It's shaping up that St. Louis or San Antonio will take that role should the Rams move. Oh and I suppose Toronto as well.

I doubt any city takes a London threat with any sincerity.

HC, should I be excited at the prospect of Randall Cobb on the Jags? I don't watch much Packers with them playing late a lot so I don't know too much about him.

Cobb is a freak (AND ONLY 24) and would do wonders for Bortles. That said, over my dead body. :angry: