2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Good trade for both teams. Shady's production was down last year, and the get some value out of him in the form of a talented young linebacker familiar with Chip Kelly and save some cash. Plus, there's a deep RB class in the draft. The Bills D was strong without Alonso last year, and they get a star player on offense, and if they can just find a quarterback, they could be a threat.

Drew Rosenhaus is denying a deal, though, apparently.

Murray will struggle even with the Dallas O-Line. He's a back who is injury prone and was just run into the ground. Ask Larry Johnson how a 390+ carries a year will affect you.

Unless he wants to come back at fair market price, he can walk. Dez, the best receiver they've had since Irvin, and probably a guy who will go down as their best receiver of all time, needs to stay.

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't understand how any Dallas fan would want Murray over Dez. Dez's production cannot be replaced, while Randle and Dunbar were busting out 15 yard runs in between Murray's touches in games.

Good trade for both teams. Shady's production was down last year, and the get some value out of him in the form of a talented young linebacker familiar with Chip Kelly and save some cash. Plus, there's a deep RB class in the draft. The Bills D was strong without Alonso last year, and they get a star player on offense, and if they can just find a quarterback, they could be a threat.

Drew Rosenhaus is denying a deal, though, apparently.

Yeah, Shady's production was down a little bit, but I'd say that's more on how bad the o-line was the first half of the year. Without looking it up, I think he was still #3 in rushing yards?

Yea, he had a down season and still ran for 1300 yards

This also eats up a good chunk of the Bills' cap space.

McCoy is talented, and the new offence needs talented running backs. But I think the Bills could have found a back in the third or fourth round that would both run well and save dollars on the cap.

Kiko was great in 2013, but I'm guessing he was seen as expendable since the defence was so good in 2014 without him. But who is replacing the production of Jerry Hughes? And can Kyle Williams continue to play well?

If you assume that the Bills are giving EJ another shot to be the starting QB, then the Bills now need a tight end, offensive line help, a defensive end, a middle linebacker, and a safety.

The Bills will be shipping their first of two fifth-round picks in 2015 (acquired from Tampa Bay last spring), plus their seventh-round pick in 2016, in exchange for Cassel and the Vikings' sixth-round pick in 2015. In essence, then, the Bills are trading back one round this year, and giving up a seventh-round pick next year, for the rights to Cassel.

Not a bad trade, and he's preferable to Sanchez or Vick. Not a world beater by any stretch, to be sure, but an upgrade over EJ.

All I really want at this point is to sign a good guard and tight end. I have faith the defense will be more or less ok.

Edited by munky

Apparently the Bears are shopping Marshall - looking for a mid-round pick.