2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Ehh...lets just sign CJ Spiller

Chris Mortensen @mortreport 3m3 minutes ago

Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.

Not really a surprise to see him end up in Miami but damn that's a lot of money. They just have to hope he doesn't go Albert Haynesworth on them.

Edited by Mofoticon

Oakland has to grab Julius Thomas now, right? They've missed on Cobb and Suh. He's the only other splashy name I've seen them linked to.

I feel like I should be more bummed about Suh being gone, but I'm not sure I really care. I mean yeah, it's better we have him, but that's just too much money. On top of that, he's kind of a dick, and brings the wrong kind of attention to the team.

I'm more pissed that we didn't draft Aaron Donald last year, knowing full well we could lose both of our starting DT's. WE DIDN'T NEED A TE. I hated that pick, and still hate it.

Edit - And we have needs else where. Not tying a ton of money up in Suh should leave us money for a G, RB, Tackle, CB, probably another DT.

Interesting to see if we can bring Fairley back, that would help.

Yeeeeessssssss

Thomas to the jags is a great move. They've really got some decent pieces to build around on offense. How is their line shaping up this year? If they can keep Bortles or Henne upright long enough to hit receivers, and their RBs get consistent, it'll be a really high powered offense. That's something I don't think the Jags ever really had.

The line last year:

LT: Luke Joeckel - 2nd year - Only played a few games in his rookie year then got badly injured. Struggled last year but hopefully with that being his first full year will be better next year.

LG: Zane Beadles - 4th year (1st for Jax) - Came over from Denver, struggled initially but I think that was to do with the people around him. Finished the year well.

C: Luke Bowanko - Rookie - 6th round pick, started pre-season as the third choice centre but came in early in the season and started almost the entire season. Some games he was really good, some he was bad.

RG: Brandon Linder - Rookie - Third round draft pick, also came into camp as a back-up but took over the starting job week 1 and was really good. Our best lineman last year and was graded really well.

RT: Austin Pasztor - 3rd year - UDFA that signed in 2012, was a backup for his first year and half then came in during the 2013 season. Was really good for the remained of that season but got injured early in 2014. Looked much worse when he came back from injury.

It's a young line, I feel like we could really do well by adding a right tackle in FA but it'll almost certainly be better next year either way. A few injuries on the line last year had some real terrible players playing though.

I've suffered enough!

On that point...

An opportunity has opened for #Jaguars with DeMarco Murray. They want a centerpiece back and could push hard to price #Cowboys way out.

Well... I like DeMarco but the Cowboys kinda ran him into the ground last year so not sure how I feel about that. I guess I'd prefer him over Frank Gore.

I've suffered enough!

On that point...

An opportunity has opened for #Jaguars with DeMarco Murray. They want a centerpiece back and could push hard to price #Cowboys way out.

Well... I like DeMarco but the Cowboys kinda ran him into the ground last year so not sure how I feel about that. I guess I'd prefer him over Frank Gore.

Good. Don't want him. We'll keep him.

Here's my thing, was Demarco Murray actually really really good, or is he a guy that yeah, he's not bad but played behind a really stellar O-Line? Just curious, I had heard Dallas had a really fantastic O-Line last year and wonder if a team is going to overpay on a guy that was a product of the line, and offense in general.

He played behind a stellar o-line and was finally able to run the ball this year. First time in Jason Garrett's career that he realized you don't have to pass the ball on all three downs. Murray is talented as all get out though, can't take that away from him. But ask Larry Johnson how carrying the ball almost 400 times in a season works out for you.

• Like 1