2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

MJD announced his retirement

I imagine it's frustrating to Eagles fans to take a few steps back, lose a homegrown star, and potentially trade multiple high picks for an unproven rookie QB, but it might be for the best in the long run. The Eagles were good and all, but I didn't see them being legit title contenders without some sweeping changes. Kelly's your guy, and you just have to give him a shot at doing it his way. I'd rather have a few years of rebuilding and come out stronger than getting stuck in 10-6 purgatory.

• Like 1

Yeah, but this is going to be his third year, where you're expected to have made the most progress. If you're giving up building a defense through the draft (which has been shown to be the best way) to go after a kid that the coach still has a crush on, you better hope to Christ he learns how to read defenses and adjusts his pass locations in the next three months.

If they do go all in on Mariota and it doesn't work out, they're so fucked. He's basically going into Oregon's Offence: The Pro Editon. That'll stunt his growth as a pro QB and if/when Chip goes both he and the Eagles will be years behind.

This pleases me!

Apparently the Bears are shopping Marshall - looking for a mid-round pick.

:o No!

Apparently he has been traded to the Jets!

The Score app I have is reporting it as a 'late' round pick.

In other news, Prater has signed a 3 year deal to stay in Detroit! This has pleased me!

• Like 1