2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Commence Suh to Jags rumours. I don't think they'll go for him because as far as I know he doesn't really fit the scheme but Gus wants to build a mean defense and they have enough to money so I guess it could happen.

Edit: Nevermind, La Canfora started those rumours a week ago so they've already begun.

I honestly don't think Williams is dropping any further than #2 in the draft. Maybe #3, but if Oakland is getting him, they're likely going to need to trade up.

Yeah, it doesn't seem likely. Initially I was think Mariota and Winston would go #1 and #2 and then maybe Amari Cooper but it seems the top ten will be pretty DE/DT heavy. Which should be good for the Niners as I expect us to take a wideout, ideally Kevin White.

Kevin White's stock has risen to the point where he most likely won't be there when the 49ers pick. A nice chunk of mocks have Oakland taking him over Amari Cooper.

I highly doubt Suh is going to pick Jacksonville over his other likely suitors.

Money talks and Jacksonville has way more than anyone else so if they really want him they will get him.

I'm expecting one of Suh, Cobb or Thomas to sign. I think I'd prefer Cobb based on the Youtube stuff I watched last night and what you guys said about him. Suh or Thomas would be nice though.

Any team signing Suh is taking a big risk, so I hope there's not a lot of guaranteed money in the contract. If the NFL hadn't given everyone a clean slate, he'd probably have been thrown out of the league for a significant amount of time, if not permanently, over what he did to Aaron Rodgers.

As long as he doesn't go to the Cowboys or Titans (Or Broncos if Peyton comes back), I don't particularly care where he ends up.

I highly doubt Suh is going to pick Jacksonville over his other likely suitors.

Money talks and Jacksonville has way more than anyone else so if they really want him they will get him.

I'm expecting one of Suh, Cobb or Thomas to sign. I think I'd prefer Cobb based on the Youtube stuff I watched last night and what you guys said about him. Suh or Thomas would be nice though.

I'd imagine he's going to get one of, if not the biggest defensive contract of all time regardless of where he goes, that's not much room for swinging financial muscle unless the money gets very silly.

There's a much higher chance of and room to manoeuvre for the Jags to overpay Cobb or Julius though.

Word is Cobb wants 12 million a year, and for that price, I'd let him walk. Jordy only makes 9, but hopefully he's willing to take a discount to play with the best QB in the game. If not, I think comprable production could be found elsewhere with Rodgers at the helm. Lost Jennings, lost Jones, still fine.

Word is Cobb wants 12 million a year, and for that price, I'd let him walk. Jordy only makes 9, but hopefully he's willing to take a discount to play with the best QB in the game. If not, I think comprable production could be found elsewhere with Rodgers at the helm. Lost Jennings, lost Jones, still fine.

How much would it have cost to tag him?

The WR tag is surprisingly cheap at around $12.8mil, for guys like Dez and Demaryius anyway. Not sure how keen Green Bay would be to keep Cobb on a year long rental at that price though.

Edited by TCO

Ah, that makes sense that they didn't tag him then. Surely, if he isn't a total numpty, he'd accept a contract to put him in the range of Jordy's? I can't imagine anyone justifying him being paid more than Nelson.

• Like 1

The right price for him is probably in the Jordy Nelson/Victor Cruz range but somebody will give him more on the open market. He's still so young, he'll take his money in a place like Jacksonville now and still have a good shot at getting a ring down the line.