2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

Josh McCown's wait is over, he's agreed terms with...

The Browns

:shifty:

Thank fuck.

Because the Bills' other options are so much better? :P

If your best option is a guy who's been out of action for better than a year, you might as well stick with EJ Manuel.

I'd take Hoyer over McCown, which might happen the way things are going.

If they just signed McCown, seems likely that Hoyer will not be sticking around in Cleveland. It would be weird for McCown to sign on to be a third stringer, even with his rust. He played well in Chicago, so you'd think he could still be a good 2nd stringer even with a year off.

I can't imagine Johnny Football isn't atleast 2nd string himself. If they do sign Hoyer...you have Manziell, McCown, and Hoyer. I can't imagine any of them would be a third stringer. Manziell might be someday, but he's only going into his second year.

If they just signed McCown, seems likely that Hoyer will not be sticking around in Cleveland. It would be weird for McCown to sign on to be a third stringer, even with his rust. He played well in Chicago, so you'd think he could still be a good 2nd stringer even with a year off.

I can't imagine Johnny Football isn't atleast 2nd string himself. If they do sign Hoyer...you have Manziell, McCown, and Hoyer. I can't imagine any of them would be a third stringer. Manziell might be someday, but he's only going into his second year.

Hoyer was never even considered to come back based on what I read. He's been gone for a while.

The Browns are gonna draft a QB at some point (it may be in a ridiculous trade up for Mariota or it may be in round 2-3) but the QB's on the roster will be Manziel, McCown and Rookie in some order.

Did anyone else see the report going around that the league is considering expanding from 53 man squads to 55?

I hoped we'd be able to work out a long-term deal with Thomas, but keeping him is better than not. Maybe next year.

They'll be more cap space to play with once Peyton is done, so a deal after next season would be more likely, I think.

Hadn't seen the news about squads, it makes sense to me.

Did anyone else see the report going around that the league is considering expanding from 53 man squads to 55?

About friggin' time. I've been saying that they should expand for years. I hope that's 100% true and that it's implemented immediately.

I hoped we'd be able to work out a long-term deal with Thomas, but keeping him is better than not. Maybe next year.

They'll be more cap space to play with once Peyton is done, so a deal after next season would be more likely, I think.

At the rate that Peyton's contract re-structuring is going, it may not even be done by next season. <_<

8 days until free agency. I can't wait, the Jags have the most cap room in the league ($12~ million more than the Raiders) so it should see some nice (and overpriced) additions to the team.

Just had an update through from Bleacher Report - Lions are very unlikely to Franchise Tag Suh. Let the bidding wars commence I guess?

Just had an update through from Bleacher Report - Lions are very unlikely to Franchise Tag Suh. Let the bidding wars commence I guess?

mlive is reporting we wont be franchising him.

I still think it's possible he stays in Detroit but I doubt it. I can understand why they didn't franchise him because the money would have been astronomical, and we already have Calvin and Stafford on huge contracts. Bad news is that losing Suh hurts bad, he's one of the best defensive players in the game, and our defense is certainly better with him than without him. On the plus side, the money we save without him could bring in quite a few good players via free agency. It also might help the teams reputation with not having the "dirtiest player" in the game. This probably means the Lions go hard at re-signing Nick Fairley so that they're not sitting without any DTs.

Also pisses me off that we drafted fucking Eric Ebron when Aaron Donald was right there, especially knowing Suh and Fairley were in contract years. Just terrible.