2015 NFL Season

Dan

• Admin

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Friday that the Giants and Manning agreed on a four-year, $84 million extension, according to sources close to the situation. The deal is expected to included $65 million in guarantees and has a no-trade clause.

Rapoport reported Wednesday that significant progress had been made in negotiations and optimism had grown that a deal would be in place before the Giants open the season on Sunday night against the Dallas Cowboys.

The deal is similar to recent extensions given to Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers and Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson. Manning's $21 million average per year salary is slightly behind Wilson ($21.9 million) and just ahead of Rivers (20.8 million). Aaron Rodgers ($22 million) is the NFL's highest-paid signal-caller.

I think Eli had earned that contract. He had a really good season last year after the disastrous one prior to that while his playoff record and the two rings go without saying. I'm a shameless Eli mark though and it'll be a sad day when I have to watch another QB start a game for the Giants. :(

Also the Eli cycle would suggest that this is another year of squeezing into the play-offs after a mediocre season followed by a miracle Manning pass deliver another Lombardi and Patirots defeat! :w00t:

• Like 1

There isn't really a viable way to take Gronk out of the game.  The only way to really do it is disrupt Brady's rhythm through a good pass rush, which is risky because then you're opening up Gronk to have a lot of open space in the middle to make a catch.

When Baltimore is able to beat New England or keep it close it's almost always when we're getting to Brady fast.  He's not good at evading pass rushers, but he's really good at short passes so it balances out.  This is a huge reason the Patriots ran their eligible receiver plays against the Ravens in the playoffs last year.  It allowed Brady to get a quick pass off before our pass rushers to get to him.  Too many teams still try to beat the Patriots by playing man coverage on the receivers and it always ends hilariously bad.  You gotta just hope you get to Brady before he can get the ball over to Gronk in order to beat them.

Gronk's importance to the team is also a huge reason they haven't been able to do very much when he's been hurt.

Also, Aldon Smith has signed with Oakland.

I remember when the Pats smashed us last year. There was one play where Suh hits Brady within a second of the snap (the Pats O line melted) and Brady still nailed a 20 yard completion >_>

• Like 2

Get a kicker that knows what the big yellow posts mean in for Scobee and we get 6 more points, Hayward-Bay stays in bounds for the uncovered TD and we get another 4. Game thrown away due to complete inadequacy in the red zone.

Anyone got a kicker we can trade another draft pick for?

Edited by Chris2K
  • Like 1

Yeah but the Pats would have reacted to a closer score with even more aggressive play calling, probably abandon the run entirely.

Edited by Maxx

Aldon Smith to the Raiders :(

Not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, he'll upgrade our defense, and, unlike some of the other problem players in the NFL, I feel like he has legitimate mental disorders (for lack of a better term) and is more Brandon Marshall than Greg Hardy. On the other, I'm not sure that Oakland can afford to give him the time and help he needs in their current state of rebuild. 

Get a kicker that knows what the big yellow posts mean in for Scobee and we get 6 more points, Hayward-Bay stays in bounds for the uncovered TD and we get another 4. Game thrown away due to complete inadequacy in the red zone.

Take Billy Cundiff. Then he'll be good until you have a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

Aldon Smith to the Raiders :(

Not sure how I feel about this one. On one hand, he'll upgrade our defense, and, unlike some of the other problem players in the NFL, I feel like he has legitimate mental disorders (for lack of a better term) and is more Brandon Marshall than Greg Hardy. On the other, I'm not sure that Oakland can afford to give him the time and help he needs in their current state of rebuild. 

On the plus side, if the Niners offer of helping him still stands at least he is still based in the same area. Him and Mack could be incredibly dangerous.

Edited by Thrilla

Take Billy Cundiff. Then he'll be good until you have a trip to the Super Bowl on the line.

Leave those painful memories alone :(

• Like 1

Leave those painful memories alone :(

Here's a happy memory for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6GaoFb6lKw

• Like 2

They really need to make Red Zone a Netflix/WWE Network style streaming service.  I'd happily pay $60 for it for the season.  Cable is dying NFL, adapt!

And of course the Browns roll out the ugliest version of their new uniforms for week 1.

Edited by Maxx
  • Like 3

FUMBLE!!!

Don't ever change, CUTTY!

Edit: No fumble! But a Peppers sack is always nice.

They really need to make Red Zone a Netflix/WWE Network style streaming service.  I'd happily pay $60 for it for the season.  Cable is dying NFL, adapt!

And of course the Browns roll out the ugliest version of their new uniforms for week 1.

What sucks is DTV won't sell RZ without having to buy the entire overpriced ST package.

And Cleveland's unis look like someone chewed up a bunch of organe M&Ms then spit them out on the field.

Edited by HC