2015 NFL Season

Dan

1 hour ago, TCO said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a red Giants jersey returning. I don't like these poor Oregon attempts filtering into the NFL but having an unusual 3rd jersey could be fun for every team.

Yea that'll work.  Put Eli in a red jersey so the opposing D thinks its practice and can't sack him :P

Speaking of the Giants.  Deadspin has an article with a clear photo of JPP's mangled hand.  I'll put it in spoilers because...yea...its not pleasant to look at

1497199111198773059.jpg

4 hours ago, Hurricane LL said:

Would it kill the Cowboys to debut a grey jersey? :( 

They should wear the throwbacks more often, I love those.

4 hours ago, TCO said:

I wouldn't mind seeing a red Giants jersey returning. I don't like these poor Oregon attempts filtering into the NFL but having an unusual 3rd jersey could be fun for every team.

Ugh, no. Oakland, for one, doesn't need an alternate, the two they have now are perfect. I'd be inclined to say the same for Pittsburgh, KC, and Green Bay as well.

The Cowboys throwbacks are okay. I kinda like the tiny snippet I saw of what they're going to wear on Thanksgiving this year in that video Dan posted, it's pretty similar in design but look slightly different on the shoulder. I just think a grey jersey with blue trim might be really nice.

I agree with the idea that the NFL should try to start introducing some unusual 3rd jersey concepts as it would be a fun addition to the field. As long as they don't try that Steelers bumblebee shit, I don't see why not.

18 hours ago, Hurricane LL said:

The Cowboys throwbacks are okay. I kinda like the tiny snippet I saw of what they're going to wear on Thanksgiving this year in that video Dan posted, it's pretty similar in design but look slightly different on the shoulder. I just think a grey jersey with blue trim might be really nice.

I agree with the idea that the NFL should try to start introducing some unusual 3rd jersey concepts as it would be a fun addition to the field. As long as they don't try that Steelers bumblebee shit, I don't see why not.

To be fair, that Steeler's bumblebee jersey is a throwback, not an alternate. I just feel like there are a number of teams where a third alternate doesn't really make sense. Honestly, unless you re-do the entire thing, what can you do with Oakland? The only thing I've ever even seen sold is the silver jersey, and that won't come across that well on TV. Are you really going to do a yellow Packers/Steelers/Chiefs jersey? They'd be ugly as sin.

19 minutes ago, Lineker said:

So what trades are we going to see before Tuesday's deadline?

The NFL isn't like MLB or the NBA. Even people that should be moved, like RGIII, probably won't be.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

So what trades are we going to see before Tuesday's deadline?

1 hour ago, sycodmn said:

To be fair, that Steeler's bumblebee jersey is a throwback, not an alternate. I just feel like there are a number of teams where a third alternate doesn't really make sense. Honestly, unless you re-do the entire thing, what can you do with Oakland? The only thing I've ever even seen sold is the silver jersey, and that won't come across that well on TV. Are you really going to do a yellow Packers/Steelers/Chiefs jersey? They'd be ugly as sin.

The NFL isn't like MLB or the NBA. Even people that should be moved, like RGIII, probably won't be.

Yea, as DMN said, the trade deadline isn't a big deal in the NFL.  In the case of, say, someone like RGIII, who is likely done in Washington, why trade for him when he's most likely just going to be cut by DC in the offseason.  You might see trades by teams who are completely injury devastated, but otherwise it'll be quite

Megatron to the Panthers should be a trade if the Panthers fancy capitalising on their good start.

Niners are hopeful Hayne will clear waivers and go back on the practise squad. Three fumbles in seventeen touches is too many for a marginal player.

True but with how inept they've proven to be this year, I'm just way too pessimistic about the coaching staff/front office to trust that they're not messing this up. 

Edited by livid

13 hours ago, Thrilla said:

Megatron to the Panthers should be a trade if the Panthers fancy capitalising on their good start.

Niners are hopeful Hayne will clear waivers and go back on the practise squad. Three fumbles in seventeen touches is too many for a marginal player.

I am not. :/

In for my 6 month appearance to make a joke like this and gone again. >_>.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

On the tube with all the fans going to the game and I've met another Texans fan, amazingly! The two of us are ever so excited. 

2 years ago me and my Colts friend met a pair of friends who supported the Titans and Texans. The entire AFC South in London!

• Like 2