2016 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

In more crazy draft news, the Eagles have now traded up for the number 2 spot in the draft from the Browns. 

Eagles get:

• 2016 first round pick (#2)
  • 2017 fourth round pick

Browns get:

• 2016 first round pick (#8)
  • 2016 third round pick (#77)
  • 2016 fourth round pick  (#100)
  • 2017 first round pick
  • 2018 second round pick
  • Like 1

Word is Eagles got itchy fingers once the Cowboys worked out those guys. Which is amazing cause everyone that doesn't own a team knows the Cowboys are not going with a QB first round. Egg all over the face of the Eagles. So much lol

• Like 1

Only bright spots to giving up that many picks to move up 6 spots is the 2nd round pick isn't until 2018 and we could possibly get a franchise QB out of this. I really like Goff but I think we will end up with Wentz. I actually don't mind this if we get Wentz and have him sit behind Bradford/Daniel for a year or two, I feel like most QBs drafted high get shoved out there too early and then never recover. Wentz seems to have the tools but may need time to study and develop, he'll get that chance here.

Who knows, this could possibly open the door for us to trade Bradford to the Broncos and recoup some picks. Just start Daniel for a year or two, we paid him enough.

3 hours ago, Mofoticon said:

The Browns had a chance to pick a franchise QB...so of course let's give up that chance.

Hopeless franchise.

No. They had a chance to pick the 2nd best QB in an average QB class. 

This is a good move. They've got RG3, people seem to forget how good he was until injury and the Redskins opted for Cousins. This is a great move by the Browns and it gives them a ridiculous bounty of picks to rebuild and eventually get their guy too, if RG3 bombs.

The Norman thing is madness, I'd love to see what he did for that to happen.

I never know how valid rumors are but I saw one that said if the Bears can draft Lynch then we would be trading Cutler and a 7th rounder to the Jets for their pick which I think is 20 or so and Geno Smith.

This actually sounds pretty good to me. Is it ridiculous? Could it happen? Should I even want it to happen?

Cutler has a great arm and he's certainly never been bad, but I was never sold on him.

I just don't think he's a winner. I can't ever picturing him leading a team deep into the playoffs or making a clutch play when needed in a high stakes game. There's none of that Brady or Peyton's unquenchable desire to win or Eli and Wilson's calmness under pressure. I'm probably being harsh, but I can never see Cutler getting a ring.