Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

When there's a defender or two covering, there's much less risk in doing so, but Stones seems to do it whether he's got somebody back or not and that's why his style can prove so costly at times.

I only play with one defender. I get all my tactics from 1890.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

He's a young player who needs coaching right, and I'm afraid with quotes like this it doesn't bode well for us England fans.

It's strange to me how different the culture is between here and Spain when it comes to something as fundamental as tackling. If none of City's players can tackle then they are going to have a good few games like last night as the season wears on. Teams like Leicester will be able to muller them so long as they restrict City's attacking outlets, especially with Stones and Bravo playing Keystone Kops every week.

Like Xabi Alonso once said, if you need to make a tackle you've already made a mistake. Nothing wrong with trying to train game intelligence rather than physical skills, and I'll stand by that until England win something or the Premier League ever looks consistently threatening in Europe.

Good first half. Could be more than 1 up despite Spurs edging possession. Will definitely need a 2nd, because we're giving Eriksen far too many set piece chances. 

Kane has been anonymous and has never scored against us. Seems to be set up nicely for him.

7 minutes ago, Nerf said:

Like Xabi Alonso once said, if you need to make a tackle you've already made a mistake. Nothing wrong with trying to train game intelligence rather than physical skills, and I'll stand by that until England win something or the Premier League ever looks consistently threatening in Europe.

Nope. None of that poncy continental football. The tackle should be the first thing you do. If you have to pass your way out of trouble you've already made the mistake of not hoofing it :shifty:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Next four games;

Palace, West Brom, Sunderland, Middlesbrough.

Has to be four wins really, and the table might look at bit better come New Year.

The two away games coming up now are tricky places to go at the best of times though, plus it looks like Mkhitaryan will be out injured, and Valencia is suspended. Would love to think we could win all four but we'll see.