Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

23 hours ago, Troy Saint said:

Gareth Barry scores on his 600th appearance in the Premier League. 1-1 :wub: 

What on earth was that Boro goal? Is the referee high? I can't believe I saw people trying to say it was Stekelenburg's fault when Negredo never even touched the ball. Even Phil McNulty, the BBC's chief football writer, blamed the goalie.

5 hours ago, TCO said:

Igahlo should be fined that miss was so shit.

Also Pogba has Pogboom and Pogbance on his boots, what a knob. He should stopped faffing about dancing for terrible rappers and start performing. 

What on earth is 'Pogbance' even a play on? What a complete tit.

Blaming all United's problems on the likes of Rooney is ridiculous, considering the likes of Pogba and Ibra haven't covered themselves in glory. The fact that an 18 year old has been our best player this season is pathetic, and despite refereeing decisions going against us, that doesn't excuse the performances. We didn't deserve to win today despite the referee, just like how we didn't deserve to win against Man City.

If this was LVG or Moyes the fans would already be calling for the sack.

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

Blaming all United's problems on the likes of Rooney is ridiculous, considering the likes of Pogba and Ibra haven't covered themselves in glory. The fact that an 18 year old has been our best player this season is pathetic, and despite refereeing decisions going against us, that doesn't excuse the performances. We didn't deserve to win today despite the referee, just like how we didn't deserve to win against Man City.

If this was LVG or Moyes the fans would already be calling for the sack.

The whole make up of the team doesn't make any sense. Up front, Mourinho has always liked to play with a target man like Drogba and two wingers, he's got the target man in Ibra but then he's picking two inside forwards out wide, inside forwards that depend on being able to drive into the space behind the defensive line that a deeper attacking role would create, except that's not Ibra's game.

He also likes a play a midfield three with two holding players (Essien, Maklele, Khedira, Xabi, Matic etc.) and an attacking pivot (Lampard, Ozil). But now he's got an attacking pivot in Rooney that constantly slows the game down, allowing the defence to regroup and a player who can't/doesn't want to play a holding role in Pogba. Even Fellaini's strengths aren't as a holding player, Herrera and Schneiderlin seems to be the logical choice for those roles but then you've got to fit Rooney/Pogba/Elbows into one spot, which is never going to work.

It seems the overall problem is Mourinho wants to play his system, but he doesn't have the personnel to make it work and he doesn't seem to be interested in building a system that fits his current squad and so you end up with this sort of awkward, disjointed football.

Edited by Gazz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Just Joe said:

I bet he's sacked and they have Cushion Face in for when we play them and they'll get their first win and he'll be able to bleat on about getting sacked by us after going a year with three wins. 

I heard you only don't like him because Newcastle. :shifty:

Cracking defending from Jillybobby there.

Just now, Colly said:

I heard you only don't like him because Newcastle. :shifty:

Cracking defending from Jillybobby there.

I'm awaiting him coming out and saying he left Hull because someone saw him eating a Greggs in Grimsby so preempted the fan backlash and walked. Supposedly Kaboul was sold because of family reasons,don't know what they are but we really miss him in defence, the only person we have capable of captaining the side is Cattermole. Think we might need O'Shea back in to organise the backline but he's well beyond his best. 

• Like 1

WHY do they persist with these ex-players with no clue as pundits?

Match of the Day 2 and Trevor Sinclair says Rooney is now a "number 4, a holding midfielder" in response to him playing shite again, then bizarrely claims that when Bale left Spurs, everyone forgot all about it because Andros Townsend stepped in to replace him. Eh.

On 18/09/2016 at 17:38, Adam said:

What on earth was that Boro goal? Is the referee high? I can't believe I saw people trying to say it was Stekelenburg's fault when Negredo never even touched the ball. Even Phil McNulty, the BBC's chief football writer, blamed the goalie

I thought your first goal and their goal shouldn't have stood. Honestly thought they were both shocking decisions. 

Also how the fuck does Garth Crooks has a job...he described Matip as being a "master of the dark arts." He must have had a Harry Potter movie marathon session recently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davidmarrio said:

I thought your first goal and their goal shouldn't have stood. Honestly thought they were both shocking decisions. 

Also how the fuck does Garth Crooks has a job...he described Matip as being a "master of the dark arts." He must have had a Harry Potter movie marathon session recently. 

Once he'd allowed the first, he had to allow the equaliser really. I imagine there would have been colossal uproar if he hadn't, but I agree.

And yeah, I moan about Sinclair and Murphy but Garth has for a long, long time been the undisputed #1 awful pundit. He is unbearable on Final Score, always talking utter shit. Even his colleagues acknowledge it on a regular basis.

He will always get a pass from me, despite being shit, for being the poshest person ever to use the n word. Or Connecticut. Don't try that nonsense.

One of the related videos is him and Geoff Hurst at Italia 90. Mind blown by unchecked casual racism.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Baddar said:

Ouch.

Time for Janssen to step up. How's he been getting on?

hasn't had enough time to settle - but he looked very, very good, getting his first goal would be good for his confidence/mentality. He's incredible at holding the ball up, and his link-up play is very good. I haven't been convinced with him & Kane playing together quite yet, so will be really interesting to see him as the main striker, I think he'll do well. 

• Like 1

Having read what he's said, I think Seluk is actually right about Guardiola, but there is a time and a place to express such an opinion and for the agent of one of the players, that is not now or any time whilst said player is employed by the club. It's hardly going to help Yaya Toure to get back into the team.

But I think Guardiola is bad news for this country's game, and I don't like at all how he's treated Joe Hart or how he appears to conduct himself as coach.

• Like 1