Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

• Admin

Sky sources understand Leicester City have turned down an approach from Everton for their assistant manager and head of recruitment Steve Walsh.

Walsh is the man who brought in, among others, Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and N'Golo Kante, who each played a key role in helping Leicester win the Premier League title.

Everton want to talk to Walsh about the possibility of him becoming director of football at Goodison Park, but Leicester are determined to keep him after he signed an improved contract two months ago.

We understand Walsh is keen to talk to Everton about the role, which would mean a promotion and him living closer to family.

There has so far been no comment from either club.

New FA directives mean players will now be sent off for swearing at the referees.

Expect the first day of the season to be a bunch of 3-0 forfeitures then.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Gazz said:

New FA directives mean players will now be sent off for swearing at the referees.

Expect the first day of the season to be a bunch of 3-0 forfeitures then.

I would love to see what swearing is outlawed.

Player: Can I get sent off for thinking a bad word?
Ref: No, of course not
Player: Well I think you're a cunt

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, MDK said:

I would love to see what swearing is outlawed.

Player: Can I get sent off for thinking a bad word?
Ref: No, of course not
Player: Well I think you're a cunt

Referees and their assistants having a meeting on the touchline regarding whether being called a 'massive plum' is a sending off offence or just pure banter.

• Like 3

These rules won't last. Some chump from West Brom or Stoke or wherever will get sent off but then the next day during the Manchester derby Rooney will hound the referee, red in the face and clearly calling him a fucking cunt over and over and the referee will bottle sending him off. Then everyone in the game will pretend these new rules were never actually bought in in the first place and sweep it under the carpet.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, therockbox said:

These rules won't last. Some chump from West Brom or Stoke or wherever will get sent off but then the next day during the Manchester derby Rooney will hound the referee, red in the face and clearly calling him a fucking cunt over and over and the referee will bottle sending him off. Then everyone in the game will pretend these new rules were never actually bought in in the first place and sweep it under the carpet.

Or maybe Henderson will do it.

Liverpool are playing Huddersfield in a friendly.

Klopp appears to have shaved his beard. Meanwhile, Bobby F and Albie Moreno have top knots.

This should not be.

• Admin
40 minutes ago, Freelance Hobo said:

Liverpool are playing Huddersfield in a friendly.

Klopp appears to have shaved his beard. Meanwhile, Bobby F and Albie Moreno have top knots.

This should not be.

Awful. And I created Tobes.

• Like 6

tbh, I stole Albie Moreno from The Anfield Wrap. Tobes is original Linniker.

Also, Lucas seems to have done his hamstring in this friendly which is terrible.

But play got halted for a drone flying overhead!

Also, it looks like Liverpool u18 keeper Shamal George is coming on to replace Lucas! :lol:

Traore, Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah scored in a 3-0 Chelsea win yesterday. #yoof #vitesse #andtheywereneverheardfromagain :shifty:

Although interesting that Conte was speaking of RLC as a second striker in a 4-4-2. Another sign that this long-awaited switch to a two striker system (first time since 2004?) might actually be happening.

Bollocks.

I forgot that the members sale started today and now I'm in a queue of over an hour...either I might get extremely luckily and get a ticket for 1 game or I'll expectedly get fuck all.

Suppose I can get tickets in additional members sales and general sale but it's a pain in the arse.

Edit: Yep. Got fuck all. So basically people who went to 12 prem games had the same chance as someone who went to 0. Absolute farce of a ticketing system. But that's modern football there is no sense of loyalty from clubs towards local fans or working class fans who try to go often as they can instead they want the tourists who will come up once a year and buy some tacky shite from the club shop. 

4 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Bollocks.

I forgot that the members sale started today and now I'm in a queue of over an hour...either I might get extremely luckily and get a ticket for 1 game or I'll expectedly get fuck all.

Suppose I can get tickets in additional members sales and general sale but it's a pain in the arse.

Edit: Yep. Got fuck all. So basically people who went to 12 prem games had the same chance as someone who went to 0. Absolute farce of a ticketing system. But that's modern football there is no sense of loyalty from clubs towards local fans or working class fans who try to go often as they can instead they want the tourists who will come up once a year and buy some tacky shite from the club shop. 

I mean, as a 'tourist' fan of Newcastle, do I somehow support my team less than someone that happens to live near by?

My family are all Geordies but my old man was in the Army, so I've never lived there personally. So I shouldn't have an equal opportunity to go watch my team on the rare occasion I can get to the north east to do so? Yeah, can diddle right off with that thinking. If you're so keen to get to all the games you would have set a reminder on your phone or some shit.

:(N):

• Like 3