Premier League 2016/17

Lineker

Member's area tickets.

It's halfway between a season ticket and individual tickets. Tickets for all home games are available and you can pick and choose which ones you want to buy.

People who attended 13 or more home games last season get priority choice.

43 minutes ago, Twist said:

I mean, as a 'tourist' fan of Newcastle, do I somehow support my team less than someone that happens to live near by?

My family are all Geordies but my old man was in the Army, so I've never lived there personally. So I shouldn't have an equal opportunity to go watch my team on the rare occasion I can get to the north east to do so? Yeah, can diddle right off with that thinking. If you're so keen to get to all the games you would have set a reminder on your phone or some shit.

:(N):

You've missed my point which i can understand as i said tourists but i stated that people who went to 12 games had the same chance of going to a game as someone who went to 0 which isn't fair. I have nothing wrong with people getting to see a team from other areas but people who went to more prem games should have a better chance of getting a ticket. They should have a higher pool of tickets for people who went to a high number of games and a pool of tickets available so people from other areas or first time visitors can go to the game. So basically you can diddle off yourself..

41 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I'm always amused by all the people who complain about fans not being from the immediate locale that a club is based and then go and cheer a team filled with players from half way around the world.

Again missed my point. See above. 

21 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

I'm curious about about the part that said "I might get extremely luckily and get a ticket for 1 game"...was this some kind of batch sale?

Basically the way Liverpool sell tickets for fans is they do it in a batch for members.  This season they decided to do it so people with 13+ prem games could get tickets first which was on Tuesday iirc and then it was a free for all  today for everyone else so a lot of people who went to a high number of games missed out. For each members card you can get one ticket. 

The system Liverpool use as well online has numerous problems as people get kicked out of online queues and it's totally random how long someone could be in a queue for.  There's a lot of issues basically. 

Essentially my issue is down to the fact that a lot of working class people who pay a lot of money to see their team have been shafted due to football clubs seeing fans as another number and unfortunately that's just the way football is now. 

Ah. Seems faffy. Newcastle just do it game by game so they go on sale to members and additional tickets for season ticket holders first then to general sale. No members area, just first priority on all tickets. I think it's £30 to be a member.

Buying tickets months in advance feels daft if you're a travelling fan, odds are tv will fuck you over...

1 minute ago, Twist said:

But people who went to more games do have a better chance, you just aren't happy with the line they drew to define those fans?

It's the fact that someone who went to 12 prem games and would have spent over 500 quid is in the same hat if you want to call it that  as someone who spent nothing. It's such a massive amount of people. 

Its hard to sort out either way. But they could have added an additional tier to separate. Such as there being more tickets available for people who went to 6 to 12 prem games and there also still being tickets available for people who went to 0 to 5 games. 

I do think people should have the chance to go to see their team and they should be allowed to get tickets. If they had a batch of seats available for people as mentioned above who went to 0 to 5 games and a slightly larger amount of seats available for people who went to 6 to 12 it allows people who don't get to go the game often a decent chance of getting seats and it also allows fans who have been loyal to the club and spent loads a decent chance of getting seats. 

People are always going to miss out but at least that way everyone has a better chance of getting a ticket compared to the pot luck of whether the system allows you on before someone else. 

I'm glad my team is shit and I can get a ticket to every game regardless of my status or how many matches I've been to. I mean, I'd be in the top band for a system like that anyway but I would not like to deal with the faff.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Nerf said:

I wonder if DM will be pissed if he finds out that I've been to 2 matches in my life and managed to snag Kop seats for United at Anfield >_>

Bet you'll take a massive iPad with you and spend most of the match taking pictures apart from the occasional time we have a corner and instead you'll film it thinking we'll score from one before realising after 3 James Milner corners, 2 Jordan Henderson corners and 3 Coutinho corners that all fail to go past the first man that we won't  score from one.

That or you'll spend most of the match checking the BBC Sports app for a live text update of the game rather than watching the game :shifty:

But again... Just think there should be a fairer system that allows both people who spend a lot of money going as well as people who don't get to go often better chances of getting tickets rather than a free for all of anyone with 12 or less tickets. It's not hard to pool tickets into categories of 13+ , 6 - 12 and 0-5. Fuck fairer and equal systems though <_< 

HOPE YOU HAVE A SHIT TIME :shifty:

• Like 5

Take a look at @RichardBuxton_'s Tweet:

Interesting list of demands...

Coutinho must have a fan in his room

No use of the phone in any of the rooms

Klopp needs a smoking room 

Henderson and Lallana must have rooms next to one another

Least we finally get the answer as to whos names were in Brendan's envelopes and it's revealed there was none... it's actually just the WiFi code for the hotel. 

3 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Bet you'll take a massive iPad with you and spend most of the match taking pictures apart from the occasional time we have a corner and instead you'll film it thinking we'll score from one before realising after 3 James Milner corners, 2 Jordan Henderson corners and 3 Coutinho corners that all fail to go past the first man that we won't  score from one.

That or you'll spend most of the match checking the BBC Sports app for a live text update of the game rather than watching the game :shifty:

But again... Just think there should be a fairer system that allows both people who spend a lot of money going as well as people who don't get to go often better chances of getting tickets rather than a free for all of anyone with 12 or less tickets. It's not hard to pool tickets into categories of 13+ , 6 - 12 and 0-5. Fuck fairer and equal systems though <_< 

HOPE YOU HAVE A SHIT TIME :shifty:

You know what your main problem is? Little shitty ground with terrible restricted views.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colly said:

You know what your main problem is? Little shitty ground with terrible restricted views.

Oh yeh, the Anfield road end is terrible for restricted views and the main stand prior to this season was terrible for restricted views. 

I mean at least we've managed to sort the main stand out now and hopefully they will go through with expanding and reworking the anfield road end. 

Least it's not as bad as Goodison. That's not even a dig at our rivals, Everton need a new stadium badly. It's a bloody she'd that ground. 

12 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Take a look at @RichardBuxton_'s Tweet:

Interesting list of demands...

Coutinho must have a fan in his room

No use of the phone in any of the rooms

Klopp needs a smoking room 

Henderson and Lallana must have rooms next to one another

Least we finally get the answer as to whos names were in Brendan's envelopes and it's revealed there was none... it's actually just the WiFi code for the hotel. 

It totally makes sense that Klopp smokes.