2016 Rio Summer Olympics

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I've just looked it up as well, amazing. Imagine winning an Olympic medal for designing a swimming baths.

They really need to bring back Olympic Town Planning

Joe Joyce just had a cracking bout with the big Kazakh. Lost the first round but hit him with a body shot that took the big guy out of the rest of the match. And just to make sure that the Brazilian fans love him, he did a bit of capoeira. Cheap pop! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDK said:

Its up there with horse dancing and golf for most pointless Olympic sports for me. Olympic poetry would be more interesting. 

Fuck it, Olympic Professional Wrestling would be better. 3 judges scoring them on how exciting the match is, like synchronised swimmbling.

Don't know if it's intentional but I've already seen that concept posted on Wreddit. 

Would still be more interesting than Golf. >_>

After finding a way to royally balls it up in the BMX we've unexpectedly jagged Gold in the Penthalon! 

Now time to see if we can guarantee ourselves our first ever men's Hoops medal. 

I don't understand how the US got disqualified in this when it was the Japanese who stepped on the line.

I love that they're showing the replay and ask the Canadians if they see the foul, and in true Canadian fashion they respond with "No"...I'd have been like "Hell yeah, it's right there, I think I saw those damn Jamaican's stepping on lines too!"

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lineker said:

He lost it in the final second... heartbreaking. 

I've not seen it, but social media have gone a bit crazy at the result with many saying they thought the kick was blocked? 

2 hours ago, DFF said:

I've not seen it, but social media have gone a bit crazy at the result with many saying they thought the kick was blocked? 

If I'm correct, I think the pads and helmets they wear are sensored in some way. The kicks are recorded automatically rather than by a judge. If it gave the guy from the Ivory Coast points, Lutalo got hit.