NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

Lot can change next year, if the price isn't right the Warriors don't keep Iguodala. That's huge, but if they aren't paying him the money and Durant does take below the max as he's indicated they wind up with a good amount of money to bring in a really strong bench to hopefully replace Iggy's production.

Cavs are in between a rock and a hard place. Love had his best year for the Cavs since he arrived, but you have to think he's the guy they dangle out there if they decide to make a move. Perhaps it's the little moves they need to make too, signing a few more perimeter defenders. Being able to pressure Curry and Thompson really helped win them the title in 2016, and it's the best way to challenge Golden State since they're just average inside. I know the organization probably is worried about LeBron bolting after next year, but they can't let it mess with their thinking. He's the best player in basketball but he's entering his age 33 season which is when we typically see guys start to decline.

Also, maybe there's no team for LeBron to join that gives him a better chance of knocking off GSW than the Cavs. Everyone likes to think he's going to LA, and depending what happens with both Clips and Lakers I could see it being a good fit, but what if Paul leaves for SA? What if the Lakers somehow wind up with neither of George or Butler? Plenty can happen.

Also I agree Paul on the Spurs makes them able to matchup really well with GSW, and if the Rockets can build on this year they too could challenge the Warriors but that's a real longshot. It was hard to see someone challenging them for years when their core didn't include Durant, and now that it includes Durant and in many ways is Durant's team, well who knows.

• Like 1

I know it won't happen, but Chris Paul on the Jazz would be a great fit. Him playing alongside Hayward, Gobert, Hood, and Ingles could match up well against the Warriors.

The other thing I would like to see is the Warriors to release Durant, sign another superstar that hasn't won a title, win the title with him, release him afterwards, and repeat for the next five years.

Just.......just god dammit Boston. We don't need another guard, I get that. But that means we are banking our future on Isiah, who is already in his 30s. As opposed to Fultz who looks to be a top tier talent. For more draft picks. I love Trader Danny but there is a roster cap, we could make a second team with all the picks we already have. And this is from someone who understands we need a forward much more than a guard. 

One of the rumors is that it's a three team trade including the Bulls and Boston will also get Jimmy Butler. Which I'm in favor of because then they won't need to go after Hayward.

Sixers absolutely need to unload some of their picks, there are only so many draft-and-stash guys. You have to let the players they've already drafted developed and see which ones (Okafor) aren't up to snuff. I think part of the reason they got fleeced in the Noel trade is that everyone knows this, so the picks aren't that much valuable anymore. But one thing Philly absolutely needs is a guard, and if they sit at 3 they probably get stuck with Jackson who would be a horrible fit. Moving up to 1 is perfect for them because Fultz is that much better than everyone else, they should give up a bounty for it in all honesty.

Boston has no need for Fultz, even though Thomas is already 28. I know everybody tries to make it sound like they'll play well together, but that seems extremely unlikely. I think if you're Boston, knowing you can have 2 top 5 picks next year if this trade goes through you're sitting in a good position. You can go down to 3, get Jackson who would probably be a good fit, and hope to get one of Hayward, Butler, or George in the next 365 days. The picks are there to either load up with young talent you can ease in to the lineup or unload in a blockbuster to create a superteam. I don't think IT4 is "the guy" to build around, but he can certainly be a top guy on the team.

And if that "trying to work a third team in" rumor is true then it goes down as probably one of the all-time everybody wins trades.

22 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

What do the bulls get?

76ers will send a bunch of draft picks to Boston for the number one pick, Boston will flip the picks to the Bulls for Bulter.

This has probably been the most exciting week leading up to the draft in a long time. Could be even bigger if Paul George or Jimmy Butler end up traded.

Also, there's been talk among a few GMs of trying to get the NBA to move free agency to before the draft, not after, like the NFL. I would be totally for this. One of the GMs mentioning it is the Jazz's and he make a good point. Not knowing if Hayward is staying or not totally affects the way we draft this week.