NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

2 hours ago, Pooker said:

For how long he's been in the league, he's still a pretty decent player.

I loved him on the Mavs, just a great player who still works hard every night. Dude clearly loves the game too much, and doesn't care much about diminishing returns in his game.

So he's going wherever he can get minutes now.

And Gay on the Spurs is a weird fit, since they got Kawhi and Green who are all defense players. But Pop will make it work, and if they cant they have very decent trade bait

10 hours ago, punky said:

Kelly Olynyk just stole $52 million from the Heat on a four year deal.

That single star performance playoff game turned out well for him.

Gay's game pretty much points to a stretch/hybrid 4 at this point so the fit on the Spurs makes sense. They can now matchup a bit better against the Warriors and their small ball lineup. 

So the Hawks are really all in on Kent Bazemore.  Goddamnit.  If this team wins 20 games, I'll be shocked.

Oh, and that rumored Kevin Love deal?  Good to know the front office learned nothing from the Howard stint.  "We need a name!"  Bite me.  This team can just bite me.

21 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

So the Hawks are really all in on Kent Bazemore.  Goddamnit.  If this team wins 20 games, I'll be shocked.

Oh, and that rumored Kevin Love deal?  Good to know the front office learned nothing from the Howard stint.  "We need a name!"  Bite me.  This team can just bite me.

To be fair, Love is wayyyyy better than Dwight Howard. 

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I don't really follow basketball that much other than Raptors stuff (and even then, it's super casual), but how is Vince Carter gonna make $8M!?

In today's NBA, anybody can make any amount of money. Heard of Allan Crabbe? He's a bench player for Portland...and he signed a 4 year, $75 million contract last season.

Also, some of the owners of teams in the West are trying to get the NBA to change the way playoff seeding happens. Mark Cuban mentioned out 7 of the smallest market teams are in the West and since the east coast teams are in bigger markets, they know they don't have to do as much as teams in the West do go stay competitive and get more money. He makes complete sense to me.

2 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I don't really follow basketball that much other than Raptors stuff (and even then, it's super casual), but how is Vince Carter gonna make $8M!?

The white guy that sits at the end of the bench and never takes off his jumpsuit makes like $4 million a year in the NBA now. Salaries are insane in that league. 

5 hours ago, Pooker said:

In today's NBA, anybody can make any amount of money. Heard of Allan Crabbe? He's a bench player for Portland...and he signed a 4 year, $75 million contract last season.

Don't remind me :( 

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

The white guy that sits at the end of the bench and never takes off his jumpsuit makes like $4 million a year in the NBA now. Salaries are insane in that league. 

In portlands case, he makes $10 million :( 

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

Baseball's are still crazier. Bobby Bonilla is still getting paid!

That's probably the best thing about being a Jazz fan. Rarely ever have to worry about a bad contract.

Hayward's agent did an interview with a Utah radio station today. He is so full of shit. Complaining that Hayward had to pay for his own tickets to meet with Boston and Miami, saying Hayward just wanted a challenge, etc. After everything that has come out the last few days, I'm even more convinced that Hayward knew he was leaving and screwed over the Jazz by waiting. I still hope he be becomes the next Larry Bird, just after he flops for a season or two.

31 minutes ago, Pooker said:

That's probably the best thing about being a Jazz fan. Rarely ever have to worry about a bad contract.

Hayward's agent did an interview with a Utah radio station today. He is so full of shit. Complaining that Hayward had to pay for his own tickets to meet with Boston and Miami, saying Hayward just wanted a challenge, etc. After everything that has come out the last few days, I'm even more convinced that Hayward knew he was leaving and screwed over the Jazz by waiting. I still hope he be becomes the next Larry Bird, just after he flops for a season or two.

Think you're reading too much into everything coming out about Hayward. 

• Like 3

Maybe I am. I just know that after rooting for the Jazz to draft him, watching him struggle his first few years, defending him to other Jazz fans who said we should trade him because he was inconsistent and not a star, to watching him and this team finally come together and, not only make the playoffs, but win in the first round, I have a very sour taste in my mouth about the way he left.

Does he owe us anything? Hell no. Is he free to make his own choice about where to play and why? Yes. Do I have every right to be upset and think he could have handled it differently and also not to believe a word him or his agent say? Yes, I do.

• Like 1

James Harden just signed the largest extension in NBA. Four years, 228 million dollars. Best joke I've heard about it is one dollar for every flop in his career.