Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

4 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Ryan Giggs has thrown has hat into the ring for the Leicester and Everton jobs.

lol

• Like 2

• Admin

The Premier League’s so-called big six has been forced to accept defeat in their battle for a bigger share of £1bn of overseas TV revenue.

Some of the smaller clubs banded together to strongly oppose a proposal which would have seen 35% of the money distributed according to league position.

A meeting of shareholders planned for Wednesday in central London was cancelled when it became apparent no agreement would be reached. The current arrangement, in place since the Premier League came into existence 25 years ago, distributes overseas television revenue equally between all clubs.

In an attempt to appease the big six, the Premier League’s executive chairman, Richard Scudamore, suggested a new model whereby 35% of the money would be distributed according to league position.

Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea, and Tottenham were believed to have pulled West Ham, Leicester and Everton on board but the agreement of 14 clubs is needed to effect such a substantial change.

The biggest clubs have pushed for a change because they believe they are more responsible for the growing foreign interest and therefore deserving of a larger slice of the pie. But a meeting of representatives from the 20 clubs this month ended without resolution and there has been no movement since.

The Premier League said in a statement: “Clubs have been discussing the distribution formula for their international broadcasting revenues. The Premier League has facilitated these discussions, to bring together the wide range of views which exist. It has become clear that there is currently no consensus for change, meaning tomorrow’s club meeting is not necessary.”

• Like 2

Ryan Giggs, Phil Neville and David Unsworth have all "declared their interest" in the Everton job. I'd rather have the three of then in the team!

I don't want Dyche to be honest, I think he's a fantastic manager but his pragmatic style isn't what this Everton team needs right now, plus it's short the defenders to make it effective beyond Keane and Pickford in my view.